12- Daddy

Aaron's P.O.V.

I was fucking exhausted. I was finally back in New York and looking forward to seeing Thea again. My excuse was to get information about Miguel but really I just wanted to see her.

Pouring myself a cup of coffee I went over and sat down next to Beck and Derek.

"How's it been going here?" I questioned.

"Fine, no signs of Miguel anywhere near Thea or even in New York. Triston hasn't found him yet either. She's at home today. Zac is with the others watching her right now."

I nodded. "I'm going over there later to see if she has any more information on Miguel. Maybe she can also help us out with the Cobras plus we need to dig deeper and find out why they suddenly are causing problems for us."

Derek nodded, "Agreed. Our shipments have never interfered with theirs so why now? I never got along with the leader when I was on the streets so maybe he hates me?"

"Maybe but why now? Something doesn't add up."

Silas walked into the kitchen, grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down next to us.

"We need to make sure she's alone first. She had company the other night." Beck informed me.

My head snapped towards him, "Who was it?"

"Matthew Hill, district attorney."

"Is she seeing him?"

"Appears so. They went to the new Cuban restaurant downtown, held hands going up to her apartment and about an hour later he left, getting a goodbye kiss from her."

Well shit.

I knew deep down these feelings for Thea would never go anywhere. The main reason was big enough to not have to explain any further... We were from two different worlds and cops and ex Mafia bosses don't exactly fit well with one another.

But I could always hope. Hope that one day she could see past all that and talk to me like I wasn't Aaron Hale... just Aaron.

When I was in Switzerland the past three weeks, I would send her texts throughout the day and she would respond with short, snippy comments back that made me smile but never to the Goodnight texts except for a few nights ago. It was different and it made me fall asleep with a smile on my face.

I'll have to dig a little deeper into this asshole, Matthew Hall.

I cleared my throat before taking a drink of my coffee, noticing Si rolling his eyes and Beck and Derek smirking.

"What?" I snapped.

"Nothing." They all said.

Assholes.

Later that afternoon, the guys and I got in our vehicles and headed over to Theas apartment.

I was sitting in the back with Silas when he looked over at me. "So, I've kept my mouth shut but I need to know, what is it with you and this chick? I get it, Thea is fine as hell but when she was born your doctors were telling you you needed to start cutting back on red meat and junk food."

"Jesus Christ, I'm not that old."

He started laughing, "Compared to her, you are, Grandpa."

"Fuck you." I snapped.

"Fuck you right back. She's only a few years older than Sofia." He snapped back.

"What the hell is your point?" Now I was just pissed.

"You could be her Dad!"

"A fifteen year age gap isn't that bad."

"No. Just weird, I mean think about how Sofia will feel... but God knows I'd bang Thea too-"