19- His Guest

Thea's P.O.V.

There were only a handful of people in the actual office today. I told Ethan and Maggie to stay home and be with their families today and I would take on the extra work.

Today was Thanksgiving. The start of the holiday season that I've grown to absolutely hate.

It was a very depressing time for me since I didn't have any family to be with so I drowned myself in my work as much as possible.

I thought about asking Isabella if she wanted to do something but she was in Florida for the winter months to be with her family so work was the next best thing for me.

There was a knock on my door and a few seconds later, Kent peaked his head inside. "It's Thanksgiving, I need something better than this office coffee. I'm heading across the street to pick up some, would you like one?"

"I'm actually going to pass. I'm going to take these vases back down to evidence and head home."

I had big plans tonight. I planned on taking a nice hot bubble bath followed by eating a ton of crap while drinking an entire bottle of wine.

"Alright. I'll see you Monday, I'm off tomorrow."

"Night."

I put the vases in the evidence box on the cart and headed down to the evidence room.

"Hey Jack, I'm going to head hom-" I suddenly stopped and reached for my gun when I saw the door left cracked open. "Jack?"

It was quiet.

I looked through the window and saw Jack laying there with blood, draining from his chest. I reached in the slot under the glass and hit the red button under his desk that would notify the police. Looking up, I noticed the camera was still recording, which was good because hopefully we got a look at who did this.

I got on my phone, "This is Detective Woods. I'm down in the evidence room. Jack has been shot and the door is still open. I'm going in."

I put the phone back in my pocket and walked forward towards the door. "Is anyone in here?"

Nothing.

I walked over to Jack and checked for a pulse but I couldn't find one.

I heard the slightest noise and followed it to the back, walking slowly.

Feeling the presence of someone behind me, I spun and ducked quickly as I saw a broom getting swung toward my head. The next thing I knew I was getting pushed back.

I looked up to see Andre. "Where are the vases?"

"They're gone." I lied.

"Fuck! Where the hell are they?"

"I don't know."

He growled. "For some reason he doesn't want you dead. Stay here before you get hurt."

"Andre, stop!"

He ran out of the building and I chased after him. I got on my phone, "It's Andre. He went through the door that leads to the parking lot."

I ran outside and saw Beck, Zac and Nico in the distance, coming my way.

I ran down the alley, following Andre as he shot warning shots my way.

Where the hell is my backup?

"Andre, stop. I will shoot you." I warned.

He stopped and turned my way breathing heavily.

"Why were you looking for those vases? What's so important about them?"

He smiled and shrugged his shoulders.