25- An unsettling message

Thea's P.O.V.

"What the hell happened, Beck?" Aaron asked, anger laced in his voice as he came straight to me.

I grabbed a hold of his hands, trying to calm him down. "Aaron, everything's fine. Can we please go inside and talk, plus I'm hungry. Please tell me you have something to eat in this extremely large house of yours?"

His eyes softened as he looked me over a few times, relaxing when he noticed I was physically fine. He placed his hand on my lower back, guiding me inside.

When we got in the house, Sofia, Derek and a lot of their men were here too. They smiled as we entered but they too seemed on edge.

"What exactly happened tonight?" Aaron asked. I could tell he was trying to stay calm as he spoke to me.

"After work I went into a restaurant to pick up the take out that I had ordered. When I came out I noticed Miguel, he was standing across the street, smiling at me."

Beck cleared his throat and stood up tall, "We did a perimeter check while she was inside. When Thea spotted him, she took off after him in the alley which we followed her in. Miguel was getting into a car when we got to her."

"Why would you follow him, Thea?"

I immediately started getting defensive, "because that's my job!"

Aaron clenched his jaw and started at Beck again. "And how in the hell was he able to get so close to her?"

I put myself between Aaron and Beck, holding him back. I wasn't sure what Aaron was going to do to him but I knew Beck shouldn't get in trouble for this.

"Aaron, they didn't do anything wrong. Beck and the others were there and they would have stopped Miguel if he came closer but he didn't. I'm fine! Are you alright though? Did something else happen because you seem really tense, everyone here actually does."

Closing his eyes, Aaron messaged the back of his neck, rolling it back and forth with a few deep breaths before looking at me again. "I'm sorry, I just don't want anything happening to you."

I smiled, "I know. Can you tell me what else is wrong?"

He paused for a minute, "There's a few people that came to the states that aren't supposed to be here so we're dealing with that..." he pinched the bridge of his nose, "and Miguel made contact with us."

"He did... what did he say?"

"He's playing games and I'm getting very annoyed with how long it's taking the FBI to deal with this fucking prick. He's brought Sofia into this now."

I looked over at her. "Are you alright?"

She smiled at me, "Yes. I tried reassuring my father of that but you know how he is."

"What did Miguel do?"

"He had someone deliver a picture to our home." Sofia informed me.

A picture.

"What kind of picture?"

Aaron nodded at Silas. Silas looked annoyed but walked over to me and handed me a Polaroid picture of Sofia. On the bottom it read 'Quod'.

"And then I got this one, along with a clock in a box." Aaron said, handing me a picture of him. On the bottom, it read 'unum'.

"It's like a fucking riddle that doesn't make any God damn sense." Silas said, angrily.

"It's Latin." I whispered.

Everyone looked over at me. I licked my lips, continuing. "Together, these two words don't really make any sense. I got a picture just like these, earlier today." I pulled out my phone and brought up my picture and showed Aaron. "The DEA has my picture, it was found on a dead woman over by the airport last night. She had a drug balloon in her stomach full of heroin that had exploded, killing her. Has anyone else gotten any pictures?"