Perception

Legend

Legend

Some shit went down last night, knowing better than to bring somebody I somewhat care about around a nigga who would potentially do anything to cause harm on or around me I didn't bring Skye along. Officer Lancer called upon on me last night, but it wasn't for more lean. It was a shakedown. He tried to get me to do some illegal shit for him, but I wasn't about to do a damn thing for him. Like I tell everybody else, I work alone, I'm nobody's errand boy. Lancer wasn't going to take no for an answer though, he threatened Skye's life. Being who I am, I called him out on his bluff. Told him I didn't give a fuck, he could do what he wanted to her, she's just some girl I'm fucking.

I couldn't give off the impression I was concerned, I would be playing in to his hand and I'm not easily punked. I haven't told Skye yet, but I'm not worried. Lancer is a seasoned veteran in the police force, just like he has shit on me, I have twice as much on him. I don't take lightly to threats, as bad as I want to come after him, I need to be careful. Might was well let it be water under the bridge, he's only shit under my shoe anyways.

"How did things go?" Skye questioned, as we met up. It was our day off, money never sleeps, but I had some personal things to take care of with my sister.

We have a very strained relationship for one that barely exists as it is. What we have doesn't seem to be resolving anytime soon. How we got here exactly is hard to explain. For this once, I'll do my part as her brother and see if I can better her life. I just don't see how I can call somebody family who sees me as a profit. My sister is at risk of having her child taken away from her, I may have problems with her, but the kid doesn't have to be in the middle of our problems. I can't take care of a kid myself right now, but I would be a bit hurt if my own blood was to be lost in the system.

"Could be better, I'm just dusting off the surface."

"That's something, it's good you're trying."

It's beginning to get cold outside, niggas is already breaking out the Northface and Timbs. Skye and I just walked around, with the many possibilities of places to go, I could only think of going for a walk. Somewhere too romantic would set the wrong tone, sometimes, I really just want to lay up and chill. Since I'm not in the best living conditions, I don't want to bring her by, so a walk is just perfect. If I get a hotel, she'll just think I'm trying to fuck. Which is exactly all I want to do since I been out and she let me hit.

"You finished the kilo?" I asked.

"Just waiting to be delivered."

"How's the fam?"

She sighed. "Everyday it's something new, but I think things might be getting better. I don't know, I can't call it. My mother is finally seeing herself for the hoe that she truly is."

I started to laughed. "That's cold."

She smiled slightly. "It's true! You know that nigga, Freeway?"