Remember Me?

Skye

     My nerves were all shot, I had an hour after school let out to visit my father. It would seem he would be the only person in this moment that can truly get my nerves right. "Hey, Daddy, I know I haven't been around in a while. I'm sorry about that. Life has been really crazy and hectic, I know what you saying though. I should always make time for my own daddy. I miss you like crazy, I know you'll be there with me as I present my speech. But I wanted to recite it to you first, it's never too late to make any changes."

     I began reading from start to finish off the top of my head what I'm going to say. "I have my notes just in case I forget, I think it's pretty good. Listen, it's not easy to do this, because I really don't want to leave you behind, Daddy, but I need to live a new life away from New York. It will always be home thanks to you, I appreciate everything you've done for me and taught me over the years. I wish you were here just so I could learn some more. I've worked so hard for this moment, for you. We did it! I'm sorry to cut our time short, I promise I'll fly back every once in a while to visit. I love you more than anything, thank you for being there for me when I needed you the most. It's not a goodbye, just a see you later. I love you, Daddy!"

     I'll be late for hair and makeup if I don't leave right now, everybody has their tickets and are getting ready just as I am. Everything was going as planned, my hair was looking flawless, and my makeup was too cute. I've finished just in time for pictures, memories that will be captured forever. As I looked at Legend, I was wondering would today be the moment he proposes to me! God don't play with my emotions getting my hopes up today, my baby got that look in his eye like he's about to make an honest woman out of me. At a time like this, where it's a lot of classmates, I would love to give them a final kiss my ass, as they watch my man propose to me. The final shit they get to talk about pertaining to me 'til my career gets poppin'.

     "Here, Skye, I picked these out for you!" My baby, Elliot, said, handing me some flowers.

     "Thank you, will you hold them for me 'til after the graduation?"

     "You look beautiful, I'm proud of you." Legend said, with a bouquet of white roses in his hands.
I smiled, blushing, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

     "Thank you, baby."

     "Anything else you need to do after the ceremony?" My mother asked.

     "No, I finished up my loose ends."

     "Good, then do whatever you have to do and we meet back at the house. I'm going to take your brothers to see Daddy and we're done after that."

     "California, here we come!" I said, with such happiness.

     After learning the detail of post graduation, I returned to my graduating class and we began to walk out into the gym corridors. As we took our seats, we had to sit through the education board members and other educators talking, then came my big moment of truth. I had my notes in case I fumbled, but instead, I flawlessly finessed through. I received a substantial amount of claps, then took my seat and waited for them to call my name. For some reason, I felt a wave of emotion over me and just wanted to breakdown, but I held my composure, not wanting to mess up my makeup for my diploma photo op. It took a lot to get to this moment, with it finally being here, it felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders. I looked out in the crowd to spot another familiar face, I invited Morgana just to see Luna and was pleased to see she made it to my big day.

     Everything was complete. Finally, they got to my name, and I stood up and made my stride to the podium to receive my diploma. Legend was the loudest voice of all I heard rooting for me, he was in competition with my brothers shouting out to me. I blew them a kiss before giving that next top model smile as I grabbed my diploma. Now, I can officially say I've done it!