The Real Her

Skye

Skye

     As Shannon laid there in bed, I got up to rinse my mouth out and handed him a wet towel before laying right back beside him.

     "Don't do that shit again!" He said, so comfortable on the bed.

     I smiled. "Do what?"

     "You know what you did, I was pussy whipped for a moment, but I'm straight, you won't have me pussy whipped again." We simultaneously mocked Pops from Friday After Next, "I whips pussy!" We laughed.

     "You meant it though, otherwise, you would have never said it." I pointed out.

     Laying his arm underneath my head, I spelled out my name on his chest. "So you wanna come with me, huh? Why?" He questioned.

     "It something about you, I had to be sure before. You showed me something new and now I'm addicted. Something wrong with that?"

     "Messing around with you is going to put me back in jail."

     "No, selling those drugs are! Why would you say that?"

     "Because if someone hurts you, I would have to kill them. It would be my fault, putting you in harm's way, and I can't have that. I'm a bad person, people looking for me. I'm not good for you."

     "You don't know what's good for me."

     "That's why I really want to dust your uncle, what you went through was fucked up. That justice system ain't for us, they never going to catch his ass and you know that."

     "But you are not a killer though."

     "You don't know."

     "Trust me, I want a bullet in his head more than you do, but I told you I don't want you risking yourself like that."

     "Just let me do something, before it happens again."

     "Please don't, it's over now! If you are in something, we are in it together. If you are going to be in this game temporarily, then fine, long as you get out and do something with yourself. What is a life to live if it is lived behind bars?"

     "What's temporary to you?"

     "You tell me. You know I have money now, that shouldn't be a concern, so I would say six months without trouble?"

     "But I'm not trying to live off you. You must not really know me, because you would know I get mine my own way, I don't depend on others."

     "Then how long are you going to keep this going?"

     "Til I feel like it's time to change, I can't give you answer."

     "Maybe you should figure that out, I just feel guilty I dragged you back into this. I owe it you to get you out. There is no purpose in continuing now, why should you have to constantly worry if somebody is out to get you, or if you going to spend ten to twenty years in jail? Why don't you believe you can do something with your life? I'm behind you, I know it's more to you, and it's obvious I believe in you. So why can't you meet me 50/50?"