A New Jack City

Legend

Legend

     Into the morning, everything was good. I was feeling better as I woke up to breakfast. It was a whole spread she cooked up, I was grateful for her for all she's done. I laid between her legs the whole morning, as she stroked my hair, to make up for the time we lost with me being sick. In between then I was getting a distress call from Heavy. I tried ignoring the call, but I had to take it. Something so damn important came up that I needed to meet him at the spot so he says, apparently, this shit couldn't wait. Skye was heated, but she wasn't trying to display it.

     "How long are you going to be gone?"

     "About 30 minutes tops, I promise." Grabbing my jacket, I bundled up. Bracing through the cold, I met up with this nigga. When I arrived, I was faced with two other people. I told this fool already I don't fuck with people too much like that. It's how you slip up and trust the wrong ones that get you killed.

     "Wanted you to meet two people that is going to help us rack up on bread. You say you in this only temporary, well you might as well get all you can. Legend, this is my cousin, Taraji, coldest bitch you will ever meet, and good at what she does. This sticky finger nigga right here is Rock, the nigga who can get you anything in hard places. The real pharmaceutical shit, he knows tons of lawyers and doctors, just waiting to buy us out. He ain't afraid to make runs state to state neither."

     "Hold up, hold up, wait a minute. You calling this nigga a Legend? He look like a sorry ass fable to me." Taraji commented. This Dej Loaf, short in stature, blunt, dyke hair cut, looking wannabe, tried addressing me. She tried holding on strongly with her tough persona, but no offense, all I see is another bitch. Not your typical looking dyke, or whatever the hell she is, this one actually had a cute face.

     "Nah, send them back, I'm good." I stated.

     "Send us back? Nigga, do we look like a factory recall to you? Fuck this cat, Heavy, you don't need his ass." She barked back.

     "My trust don't run that deep sweetheart, you can walk for all I care, don't mean shit to me. Let's not forget that y'all came to me though, while you trying to wipe your ass with those ten dollars bags. I know how to triple my shit at the end of the day." I said.

     "Wait, man, come on, give them a try. How much you think you going to make off these dime bags? You want respect on these streets, you going to have to earn it, you need to move fast show these cats out here that you not playing games. Give them a trial run, right now, we can snatch something up to cook, then set up base and sell a little something something tonight," Heavy pleaded his case. I sighed, thinking I'll try them out, I just need to continue to stay ahead.

     Never let these niggas know the real situation and always keep them at bay. By doing so, I can protect my own ass by seeing what they are about first.

      After devising a plan to get them on their feet, I made a list of the things I needed and the shit I want them to get done. Heavy and Rock were in charge of getting the narcotics and making phone calls to their so called buyers. Taraji and I sat back at the spot, with nothing to do, we silently sat in the prep room. Stares that can cut with a knife traded between the both of us. I'm watching alright, we going to see what you about soon.