Warning Shots

Legend

Legend

"You alright?" Taraji was shaken up, but holding her own, we spent all night in the hospital. Went through a plethora of questions by the police, all while Heavy went into two surgeries. I don't think those bullets were for me, shit, my sanity does not want me to believe they were. I just had happened to be there at the wrong time. Ain't no way watchful eyes were on me the moment I stepped foot in Philly, I won't believe that. I'll treat this situation as though it was meant for me though, I'll give Skye some benefit of the doubt. She was just trying to look out for me and wants me to do right.

This whole situation has me thinking that life would be better off without me, at least in Skye's life. Some shit like this could easily pick up and follow me, it would be my fault, because I continued to live this way. I ain't mean to cause anybody any harm tonight, I didn't mean for Heavy to think I would literally, dust his ass within that moment. I should have went with my gut feeling in doing this alone, that's how it's always been, and that's how I should have left it.

"What are you going to do with the car?" Taraji asked, her head was resting on my shoulder as we waited for any update on his condition.

"Clean it, maybe scrap it, it was time for something new anyway." I said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Legend, I'm sorry, I don't want you to think I had any part in whatever he was doing I had no knowledge of it. It's just, that's family, and I'm going to ride for him, no matter what."

"It's good, I didn't suspect you were. Shit like this happens when greed gets in the way."

"You still dipping on us?"

"No choice, we don't even know for sure who they were aiming for. You got you a pretty good stack, my advice would be to get out while you can. Head into another state and start fresh."

"That's your plan?"

"Something like that, you looking at a college man."

"College? I knew something was up when you was talking big."

"Scratch that, I'mma go to a technical school. Learn a trade, get my ass out of this shit, because that was too close of a call."

She giggled. "Who would have thought."

"Ma'am?" The doctors approached us. We all stood up. "Your cousin just got out of surgery, you all can come in for a moment to see him, but he needs his rest. He has a long recovery ahead him, his first task is to make it through the night. He has a couple of shattered rips, his knee is shattered, a wound in his abdominal, and one bullet curved over his femoral artery. Your cousin should definitely count his blessings, because it was a very close call."

Going into the room he was in, Heavy had all kinds of tubes and bandages on him. He was knocked out cold. It was nothing I or any of us could say since he was unresponsive, but we we're all thinking the same thing.