Mo Money, Mo Problems

Legend​     Sleep for me has been impossible since I made a deal with the devil

Legend

Sleep for me has been impossible since I made a deal with the devil. When I do sleep, I'm waking up in a sweat from these nightmares. Last night's dream felt so damn real, I thought the shit was real. Somebody had came for Skye, shot her dead like it was nothing. I felt horrible, to the point where I woke up screaming.

"Legend! Legend, wake up!" Taraji shouted.
I shot up from the bed in an upright position, covered in sweat, even still while I was shirtless, panting, in a confused stressed out daze from the dream I just awoke from. "What happened?" I asked, catching my composure.

"Nigga, I don't know, you been talking in your sleep and sweating up a storm."

"What time is it?"

"4:43 AM. You want to talk about it?"

"No, no I'm good." In that moment, I wanted to call Skye, I wasn't going to be able to sleep 'til I do. I excused myself to the bathroom and hoped that she answer, I haven't heard her voice in a few days. At the first try, she didn't answer, the second she finally picked up.

"Hello?" She said, in a groggy tone. "Shannon, please tell me you good somewhere, because it is too late to be playing on my phone."

"Yeah, I'm good. I just had a crazy dream, I needed to hear your voice."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Trust me, it's nothing you want to hear."

"Where are you?"

"In a hotel, I'm trying to keep a low profile."

"I miss you."

"I miss you too, baby, I need to see you more than you know."

"End this already and you will, I promise when this is over, I'm going to make you wish you had finished sooner."

"How so?"

"I've been looking up some things, you thought my head game was crazy before, wait until the next time I see you. I'm not going to let go."

"I'll be looking forward to it."

"No, I mean it," she yawned. "I'm not going to let you go in the literal sense, whatever problems you have, they're our problems now. No more of this you shit, it's we now."

"Anymore adjustments you need to make?"
I heard a halfhearted laugh. "Not at the moment."

Her comment soothed me though. "Alright, I'm sorry for waking you up, I just couldn't wait to hear you say you miss me."

"I miss you, and I think about you every second of the day, I can't wait for you to body this nigga so we can continue with what we got going on. I'm against it, but I can't stop you from being you."

"Hopefully, this is over sooner then we think."

"Please call me when you can."

"Iight, bye."