45. I love you

"Come on Khanyi," picking her up is my favourite thing

"Puffs!"

"Cheese puffs it is." He walks in, 

"Hey, come here dada's little girl." I hand her to him "Where is Thati?" He places a kiss on my forehead

"I asked her to go to the store for me. Are you good?"

"Yeah, I am." I take the snacks to the living room, he is close behind me, I bring the drinks before I sit next to him and Khanyi

"Mmh. You know what I never understood, there was a time when you wanted to control me then suddenly, like a switch flipped you were protective without being suffocating."

"Shadow, Eric and my mom said that wanting to micromanage your life is not love or affection, it's about boosting my ego so if I loved you, I would let you be your own person, which is why I let you leave that day because their words were ringing in my ears."

"As much as it made you interesting it was annoying and suffocating."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, it was three years ago. We are both better people now. Do you want to go out for dinner?"

"When?"

"Tonight, I wanted to go to On 27th, all we do is stay inside." He nods, we have been inside for a while. I am still studying from home, with is good. I only go when necessary and these past few weeks I was only needed four times.

"Sure."

"Yeah?" He nods

"For now, I am going to watch TV." He wanted to watch a new series, I do not know what it is called, I know what is going on, I am not over the moon with it but I enjoy his presence more than anything. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and I find myself feeling drowsy.

Getting ready is proving to be a mission because Khanyi is so extra, if she is not pulling on my earrings, she is pulling Kai's nose ring or throwing things around.

"Khanyisa! Let's not hurt ourselves." She is getting taller and using that height to climb on tables, beds, chairs and closets.

"Promise not to pull my nose ring and I will pick you up."

"Promise?"

"Promise." She rolls her eyes at her dad before walking over to me.

"Mama! Pick me." I pick her up and place her on my back before keeping her in place using a towel, my mom would do this whenever I got busy and she needed to do something.

Kai drove us to the restaurant, it was warm and full, the waitress did manage to get us a booth, Khanyi on his lap. We sat next to each other the way we always do.

"Games, Mama," she asks for my phone as she moves from his lap onto mine.

"Here." I give her my phone with the app already open. "I was wondering like how are we going to spend the holidays."

"We could go to Croatia."

"Yeah, we could bring Greta and Heilda along."

"What about your dad?"

"He is visiting family in Lesotho." As he nods, I notice the waitress standing by the table waiting for our order.

We enjoyed our evening, to Khanyi it was like every other day. She used to hate pumpkin but today she had it with no hesitation or fuss.

"Can you believe that I am finishing next year?"

"What are you planning on doing after you have your degree?"

"I have not thought that far ahead, we will cross that bridge when we get there, what we need to focus on is her birthday party."

"You want to have a party?"

"Not necessarily a party but an intimate get-together, your mom and grandmother, my family and sibo, your friends and their families, nothing big." He chuckles

"Yeah, nothing big, okay, whatever you need me to do, I will do that."

"Okay, you called Thati to tell her she should come watch Khanyi, right?"

"Yeah, she said she will be there before we leave." We are still in therapy, I mean we are good but it helps to have a level-headed conversation and learn how to love each other better.

Khanyi fell asleep in my lap while we were eating dessert, it was nice, it's a struggle going out with a two-year-old but we had a great time.

I put her to sleep while he poured drinks for us.

"Wine for you, whiskey for me." He places my glass on the nightstand before going to his side. There is faint music playing from the TV,

"I wanted whiskey."

"You said wine in the car."

"I changed my mind." I whine, he stands up to get my glass and I stand up to stop him "I am joking, I do want wine, thank you for pouring it for me." He asks for my hand which I do put into his hand.

"You are welcome, meine Bärchen." I try to hide my face when he pulls me towards him causing me to look at him "I love you." Music to my ear, it felt as though the chains holding me had been lifted and thrown away

"You love me?"

"More than I will ever be able to express." I wrap my arms around his neck before joining our lips. He bites and pulls on my lower lip while his hands caress my waist and butt. His touch is electrifying, comforting and amazing. I pull away,

"I love you too." His lips move to flash a smile before he picks me up and lays me on the bed, a giggle erupts from my lips "You are my wildest dream come true."

"Then let's keep you awake." He trails kisses along my collarbone before he takes his shirt and pants off while I undress.

I feel his fingers heading for my vulva, while his lips are on my neck.

"Oh, Kai."

******

I think we are pretty good and I am happy they are happy.

Enjoy your day/night❤