chapter 9

"Now follow me like a good girl." He ordered and turn around to walk.

"No thanks. Because last time I followed you i was left alone with sone weird women who were using me as a blood machine." I complained and rest my back against the wall with a pout.

"Witches are smart, what else can I say? " He retorted.

Witches. Those women were witches.

"Does anybody here in underworld know why am I here or how to send me back where i belong until I'm eligible to be here in underworld as a soul. Because I'm literally unqualified to be here in underworld with flesh and bones." I explained again lifting my hand up to show him my palm.

I saw his eyes flinched when he saw my palm. Yeah I know the wound is turning into a bad one but who cares. I have more issues to see other than my palm. I sigh and fold my arms against my chest to realise how cold I'm feeling. That thin robe is doing nothing to hold back the chills of the underworld.

I shuddered and rub my arm gently.

"You will be of no use if you are dead. The worst way you can die is by cold. Now come with me." He commanded.

"I'm not going anywhere with you. Even if those witches or demons or souls all come here and kill me, i would rather choose that then coming with you." I assert.

Lair lair lair.

He shrink his eyes and looked at me keenly.

Then i decided to just be honest for once.

"Fine. I will come with you." I confess after sometimes.

"But... You will come with me everywhere I go. You won't leave me alone even for a second. You saved me, so now I'm your responsibility....... I just...." With that my tears began to build up in my eyes.

"I just don't want to die....." I sobbed a little but then i tried to hold myself back. But added.... "I'm scared. Very very scared."

I then let go and sobbed freely putting my face in my palms.

Crying for few minutes i felt a hand near my arm. Looking at my sides I saw two hands pressed on the wall. I looked up to see his face so close to me. If I looked up a little more our face will touch..

He breathed as if wanted to say something and i was dying to hear something comforting.

"Every human die some day." He paused and said.."and you are not special."

This was supposed to make me cry harder but I suddenly laughed. I laughed through my tears.

I laughed at the audacity of this man.

The fucking audacity.

I suddenly remember a quote i read on insta one day.

"Remember to die before you tell a man how you feel."

I used to think that's not true and i didn't want to generalize it but now the proof is in front of me.

I pushed him back with all my force and make space for myself to get out of his cage.

"If every human had to die one day then why am I postponing my own death then?" I confessed still laughing.

With that I began to walk past him even though I had no idea where the exit of this place is.

"Do you even realise what you are doing? You told me you were scared a few minutes ago. You were crying here because you didn't wanna die and now you are going near your own death." I heard his gruff voice behind me but I choose to ignore it. I continue walking and i was surprised to know how close i was from the exit door. I knew it was the exit because I could feel icy cold air gushing in and the hauls got louder and louder. As i was about to cross the threshold, i close my eyes and lift my foot. But then suddenly my hand was gripped and i was pulled back inside that dimly lighted room.

"So fucking stubborn." He complained against my back. "I think I will have to fix that first."

"Uh huh i don't think that's your cup of tea" I joked.

"You don't know who you are talking to, Persephone?" His voice suddenly turn hard as if i touched his pride. I actually did.

He know my name.

"You tell me, who am I talking to, Hades?" I asked turning around to face him, my hand still in his grip.

He smirked lightly before gripping my hand tightly.

"Hades, the God of underworld." He introduced gracefully. I almost died with gush of fear but I hold my confidence up.

"Persephone, a human who have created a havoc in your underworld." I smiled.

"It was nice meeting you." I added.

"The meeting has just started." He added. "Consider it more like a trip." He smirked.

"A trip which I don't know how it's gonna end." I sighed.

"Actually we never knew how a trip gonna end. Let's hope it's full of lessons." He smirked again as if we are talking like human who are planning a trip to Manali.

"Lessons for both of us." I commented and looked outside from where i could still hear the loud growls of demon and souls who are fighting to eat to alive.

Thank you so much for your time. Please vote and comment.❤️