12

She winced lightly in her as she feel her palm being touched. The woman, Maya was taking care of her palm very cautiously but yet the wound was too deep to not bother Persephone's slumber. How can the wound be sober when it's given by the previous almighty Hades's favourite blade.

Even though Maya has given the tea to Persephone which should have given her the slumber for almost a day but the wound treatment will definitely woke her up soon.

As predicted, Persephone winced again at the touched and open her soft pretty eyes. Her eyes look tired and sleepy, means the tea was working. A deep slumber was all she need before she see what's is being planned for her ahead.

Maya unknowingly adored the girl laying in front of her. Maya denied the fact that she is seeing a daughter in Persephone. She blinked her eyes as if removing the idea from her mind. She know she had been exonerated from that kind of love.

Persephone glanced at her palm first as if slowly coming back to her senses and realise what Chaos had happened to her in past one day. Instead of waking up on Earth she is still in underworld, lost.

"I didn't mean to wake you up so early." Maya uttered softly as if Persephone will run away if she speak loudly.

Persephone once again looked at her palm being covered in bandages.

"It was help with the wound to recover soon. I would have fix it in a blink if it wouldn't have given by Hades's blade. There is no cure for that one." Maya smiled but it didn't bring any relief to Persephone heart.

She felt lonely. So lonely. She can't admit to herself that she is scared because once she admits that she is scared there is no going back. She has to be there for herself.

"Hades will visit you tonight. You can rest till then." Maya get up from the bed and stood up straight. "Please try to sleep again you need rest." Maya uttered softly before leaving the room to Persephone.

Persephone didn't know what is giving her more anxiety now. Hades visiting her or the reason Hades is visiting her?

She has no ideas about his plans, she can only wait and only wait. She looked down at the red gown. Image of blood splashed on floor flashed in her mind and she cringed.

A lightening struck outside the window and it chilled Persephone to the core.

Underworld is not safe for her heart.

***

She couldn't sleep again. Not for one second. Her mind was playing with her. Her mind is working non stop as like her fast heart rate. As soon as she close her eyes images of Hades slicing her palm, demons chasing her, witches thirsting on her blood, all these images flashes in her mind. And on top of it, everytime she Cringe there is a lightening that struck just outside the window to fuck it all up even more.

She tried taking deep breaths to rest her mind. She closed her eyes and collect all her courage to fight the thoughts. The best way to go through the fear is to go through it. Then she go through all those images again. Hades slicing through her wrist, but now it's healing. Then she saw the image of demons chasing her, but Hades saved her. Then she saw the images of witches keeping her tied up, even then Hades saved her. Then she closed her eyes hard and go through the images she saw in her dream when she was sleeping a few hours ago.

More like a nightmare.

She saw herself standing in the middle of the dark side of the underworld. Alone. Against the full army of demons on one side and full army of souls on other side. This was not the worst part. The worst part was that she was holding somebody close to her body. An injured body of Hades.

Persephone open her eyes with a jerk. She almost go through all the other images but she can't get over this image from her mind. She know she can't.

That's the worst kind of lonely she has ever felt in her life.

She hoped it just to be a nightmare not a vision of the future.

But just to be sure she stood up from her seat and went in the search of Maya.

The house looked cosy to be looked at but kind of empty. There was not so many things to look at other than walls, window or carpet. The kitchen seem filled but then Persephone realise it's not kitchen actually. It's kind of a herbs laboratory.

Her stomach protested at the sight of water but Persephone wasn't sure if it's really water. One more reason to find Maya soon.

Looking for Maya, Persephone stepped outside in the little balcony. The cool air hit her face softly and Persephone after so long time, felt very peaceful. She wanted to hold this moment right here and pretend as if everything is fine and she is not scared of anything.

But no, somebody had to ruin this moment.

"And who said you can go wherever you want?" Hades voice ringed in her ears and struck more loudly than the lightening.

Even with the heavily beating heart she didn't lose her control. So she turn around bravely.

"Didn't knew i was a prisoner here." Persephone hold her voice stable. Even the tired yet handsome Hades seem to beleive the confidence of Persephone.

"Don't tempt me." Hades warned lightly. Persephone took a deep breath.

"I won't even need ropes or chains to keep you tamed." He uttered before turning around and motioning her to follow him.