Chapter 1

POV ~ Sophia

When I think back to when I was just a little girl, to even when I was a teen my life from then till now has been a shit show. Most days its hard to hide my feelings when no one lets you talk about what you feel, its like you are caged in a box with locks locking you in with no escape out.

Life has always been tough for me ever since my sister died when she was 18 years old my parents gave up all hope and forgot that they still had one more child to fight for. My father then turned to the path of drugs with my mother and drinking all day and night and leaving everything for me to do. I still remember the first time my father laid his filthy hands on me I was only 11, I know your probably thinking that's normal well in my old household it wasn't it was forbidden to ever hit or argue we once were a loving family but that all went out the window the day my sister died.

My sister died in a car accident when she was 18 she was meant to pick me up from school that day, she had finished work early and wanted to pick me up so we could go out to a cafe and have our weekly dose of hot chocolate and for her to rant to me. I remember waiting at school till 4:00 with no sight of seeing her until my mother came speeding around the corner with tears streaming down her face, she rolled down her window and told me to hurry up and get in the car I did as I was told and strapped my seatbelt on. I looked out the window of the car to see the emergency side of the hospital that's when it hit me something terrible has happened and my heart started beating so fast I thought I was going to have a panic attack.

That was when my parents told me the news that my sister had been in a car accident and that she had died. Everything froze around me time stood still echoing everything around me my ears blocked out everything else that my parents were telling me I collapsed to the floor with tears running down my face and I thought that I was never going to see her beautiful smile again and to the sister I looked up to my whole life was gone. I never thought what was going to come next only at the age of 11 was going to ruin my life to the core.

Present

The sound of yelling and doors slamming woke me up with the thought that my parents have arrived home from where ever they were. I got out of bed and quickly got ready for my eventful day ahead, I looked at the time on my bedside table and realised that I was going to be late for work again, I work at a restaurant about 20 minutes from where I live so it not too bad. I walked out the front door sprinting down the street with the thought that I am going to be late but hopefully not to late because I'm running. This will be my 5th time being late to work and my boss is trying to find every excuse to fire me and I think this time she might have a valid reason to. I open the back door to be met with my boss who is real mad and staring into my soul by her office door with an evil grin spreaded across her face. I immediately gulped my fear down my dry throat, the nerves started to surface and I knew this was it.

"Sophia" Taylor my boss yelled aggressively.

"Sophia we have been waiting for you, there are a bunch of customers waiting for their fucking orders and here you coming late as usual for the 5th time for the past 2 weeks!"

"I'm sorry this won't happen again" I said.

"that's what you said last time, that's it you are fired get out I never want to see you again your a waste of space"

"Please, I really need this job I promise it won't happen again. Give me a second chance. Please" I begged.

"I don't care little girl, GET OUT!" she yelled meanly.

With that she walked out with a scolding look on her face.

The tears that were waiting to fall finally fell down my round face that was probably now puffy. Abi walked towards me with her arms wide open Abi hugged me so tight i thought of my sister Nora. Nora would hug me when I was scared of the thunder and lighting when I was a child.