Chapter 6

Kunal Vardhan

I sighed for the 100th time because Mom had me pinned in home for some stupid party they were arranging in the evening. Seriously! All my hard earned money was being wasted. Why do we have to show off that we have wealth! Why couldn't we just, I don't know, be ourselves!

"White flowers bola tha maine, orchids nahi. Lekar jao ise. And don't you forget, next box me wine glasses hai. Bring it carefully. Aur us decorator ko mere paas bhejo." She ordered to that poor assistant of hers.
"Ek din bhi chain se jeene nahi degi teri Mom." Dad commented and sat beside me.

"Phir kyu saath me reh rahe ho? Divorce ka kuch socha hai?" I questioned.
"Is umar me divorce dekar mai kaha jaun?" He asked.
"Seriously that's your problem? Mai arrangements kar sakta hu." I smiled.
"Kunal, beta zara yaha aana." Mom called.
"Jaa. Teri baari hai." Dad sighed.

Not that I hated these two. I just didn't like them together. They always fight. Dad doesn't like to socialise since his loss because of his brother. And Mom doesn't want to stop socialising so that people know we're one happy and rich family in the society. They're way too different.

And I'm tossing around like a pendulum between these two.
"Yes mom." I said.
"Please tell me Rishi will not create a scene today in the party." She asked while checking some thing on her phone.
"Sure thing mom." I bowed my head dramatically.

"Look Kunal, as long as wo society ke saamne meri izzat nahi utaarta hai, he's not a problem. We can deal with him." Mom held my shoulder.
"Mom, and as long as I am in this house, mai aapko dad se deal nahi karne dunga. Because you know when you deal things, it gets pretty bad." I pointedly said.

"Sometimes I hate that you're his son." She spatted.
"Believe me. Wo bhi yahi sochte hai. Isiliye meri advice lo and get divorced. Sab khush rahenge. Deposition me aapko half of the company's assets miljayegi. Aur kya chahiye aapko?" I exasperated.
"Kunal, that's a discussion for another day." She patted my cheek and went away.

God! Take mercy on me.

Abir Bharadwaj

"Aur aunty pata hai? Maine uspar chai phek di. Itna attitude dikha raha tha! Pata nahi aap sab usko kaise jhelte hai." She muttered as soon as I stepped inside the house. Already turning my family against me? To be honest, she's a devil in the disguise of an angel.

"Are Abir! Tum kab aaye? Mishti tumhare baare me hi baat kar rahi thi." Amma said smiling. Actually controlling her laughter.
"Haa Amma. Suna maine." I said gritting my teeth.
"Chalo mai naashta laga deti hu." She said and went towards the kitchen.
I eyed that devil seriously.

"Hello Mr.Bharadwaj." She said smiling. What was she planning?
"Hello Ms.Bose." I replied.
"Doctor. It's doctor Bose for you." She said with attitude.
"Sure doctor. Unless aapke jaise koi mentally retarded patients yaha hai, I guess the door is that side and it is open." I signalled her.

"Kisne kaha yaha mentally retarded log nahi hai? And for the record, maine kal hi aapse mili thi. Bhul gaye?" She smirked.
"You nonsense!" I raised my finger at her.
"You arrogant!" She too pointed her finger at me.

"Abir! Haath neeche." Ms.Mishti mahaan commanded. I grunted annoyingly and lowered my hand.
"Mishti! Tum bhi." And there goes her smile in the air. I smirked as she glared at me.
"Hello stranger, kya mujhe aapko yaad dilana padega ki ye mera ghar hai! Amma, what is she doing here?" I asked Amma.

"Nitya ne tumhare liye shondesh bheja hai." Amma said.
"Kaha hai?" My eyes glittered as I heard shondesh. It's my favourite sweet in the world!
"Since you were so disrespectful to me, mai tumhe nahi dungi." Mishti said crossing her arms.