Chapter 10

Abir Bharadwaj

It was already 5:30 in the morning when we set out to visit the ISKCON temple. Amma had registered for a special pooja and she dragged all of us to attend it in the morning itself. I was dead tired because of the last night's events.

And ISKCON being near Mishti's house didn't surprise me. So Amma had the plan set straight. Visit the temple. Pray and dance. Yes we dance after the pooja when the Lord is taken to rounds around the temple. Then, collect the prasad and take off to Bose house.

They stayed in Sanjaynagar which was around 30 minutes from the temple. Our house was actually not that far too. Our home sweet home is in Sahakarnagar whereas my office was in JP nagar, which is quiet far from here. Nevertheless, I liked to drive and spend quality time with my car.

"Pranav kaha hai?" She shouted.
"Aaraha hu. Aise chilla raho jaise ki agar hum nahi gaye to ISKCON collapse hojayega. Chill karo mother!" He said yawning.
"Zyada smart bangaya hai tu? Chalo." She pinched his ear as I shook my head smiling.
"Amma!" He shrieked as I started the car.

"Kya mujhe bhoot dikhayi de rahe hai?" He started his drama.
"Kyu? Kya hua?" Appa questioned frantically.
"Ye kya actually car chala raha hai? Ye kabse humare saath aane laga? Mujhe kyu nahi inform kiya?" He asked.
"Pranav. Poster dekha waha?" I smiled.

"Waste can be dumped here." He read out.
"Haa. Muh band karo warna itni zor se laat maarunga ki seedhe waha jaake utroge." I glared at him.
"The child has taken the vow of silence." He zipped his mouth and pretended to sleep.
"Good for him." Appa chuckled.

By the time we reached Sanjaynagar it was 5:45 AM. We had to pass their area to reach the temple. And I had just taken a left turn when I saw their house come to the view. There she was! Standing in a white kurti laughing seeing her sister struggling to put the rangoli.

We had to take a right turn but I turned left again. I circled back and then we were again infront of her house. This time she was pouting in anger as her sister had applied the color on her face. Her long hair was disturbing her face as she blew air to make it go back.

Again I turned left. This time, Nitya aunty and Vijay uncle were out too. They were about to get inside their car too.
"Putta, did you lose the route? Idhar hi ghuma raha hai." Appa asked concerned.
"Is area ko teen baar circle karliya hai. Chauthe round me jaana chahte ho?" Pranav asked smirking.

Abir! What's wrong with you! Keeping my devil brother in the front seat, I was aramse checking her out. Wait was I? Eww! What's happening with me! Does she practice some kind of kaala jaadu! What if she has done something to me!

"Here. Take right now." Appa said showing the map on his phone.
"Route jaanta hu. Bas thoda andhera tha na, isiliye confuse hogaya." I covered up. Pranav fake coughed.
"Whatever you say bro." He smiled.
Shi-

No cursing. I shook my head and drove without speaking another word to avoid arguments. After half an hour, we reached the temple. It was not that crowded since it was 6 in the morning. We climbed the steps removing the footwear. Then, we were asked to wait for a few minutes.

The temple coordinator came with us and lead us inside the massive hall. We sat in the front row as it was a special pooja. Just after that, we saw the Bose family enter the hall.

Here comes the trouble.

Mishti Bose

Who said guys looked good in black kurta? Strike that! He looked gorgeous in a white kurta and faded blue jeans. I gulped as he glanced a look at me. Why was he staring at me strangely? Wait, because I was ogling him! Ugh Mishti! I looked away awkwardly as Maa practically sat on Roopa auntys lap.