Chapter 40 ~ Alternate Ending.

Third person's POV

Mishti sat in the airport, staring at the floor, while her hands were fiddling continuously after what she heard from Kunal and Kuhu. She was angry for sure, since he had not informed her before. But she was equally proud that Abir had handled the situation, like he had said. The problem came now, what would she do!

"Mujhe pata hai Mishti. Itna pressure tum kabhi face nahi kiya aur ab tumhe darr lag raha hai ki aage kya hoga." Kunal said, shocking Mishti.
"Par mai itna jaanta hu. Abir ke zindagi me tumse pehle na koi thi, aur tumhare baad na koi hogi. Rahi baat mujhe save karne ka hai to mai abhi bata raha hu. Jaise Abir ne tumhare parents aur uske parents ko support kiya, waise hi mera side liya. Bas." His smile made Mishti relax.

"Ab decision lene ka time tumhara hai. London ka flight reschedule ho sakta hai Mishti. Tum dono ka life nahi." Kuhu stated.
"Tumhare liye." Kunal kept the letter which Abir wrote to Mishti, and the ring in Mishti's hands.
"Usne bataya ki tumhara birthday hai aaj. Uska gift hai ye." He sighed.
"Happy birthday. And I hope you make the right decision." Kuhu hugged her and left with Kunal to give her space.

(PS: This end credits has my heart 😭)

Abir's letter

Hey Piku!

Pata hai, hum jab Kolkata se wapas aaye the, mujhe idea bhi nahi tha ki hum phir se milenge, wo bhi itne saalon baad. Life is way too erratic. Tum soch rahi hogi, kya bakwas kar raha hai. But you've yet to receive your biggest shock ever.

Mishti frowned as she read the lines. What was the shock!

Maine tumhe pehli baar yaha, Bengaluru me, hospital me nahi mila.

She furrowed her brows more. If they hadn't met in the hospital then where did they encounter each other?

30 October, 2019, shaam paanch ya che baje, Ramaiah bus stop. Itna zor se baarish ho raha tha, mujhe kuch dikhayi hi nahi diya. Tab ek flash ke tarah tum dikh gayi. Bacchon ko road cross karwa rahi thi, wo bhi traffic ko rok ke. Log tumko gaaliyan de rahe the par tumne care nahi kiya. Apna kaam khatam karke chali gayi.

Mishti smiled as she recollected the incident. It was during her 4th semester exams time and exactly on her birthday.

Un bacchon ka smile to pata nahi, par tumhara smile mujhe hamesha yaad rahega. Tomar hasi khub shondar chila. Haa haa seekh raha hu Bengali. Har wakt kuch na kuch guspus karte rehte ho tum.

She chuckled and shook her head.

Jis din tumhe dekha na, us din se mai khud ke liye ek naya insaan ban gaya. Tumhare aane se pehle Abir koi aur tha, tumhare aane ke baad koi aur bangaya. Tumse pehle mere life me kehne ke liye kuch special nahi tha. Par jabse tum aayi ho, har din ek naya tyohaar jaisa hai.

Tears welled up in her eyes.

Ab tak mai aisa insaan tha jise sirf naam aur paisa kamaana tha. Kahi pahunchna tha mujhe. Par ab tumhare haath pakadke chalna hi kaafi lag raha hai. Agar koi mujhse kaha hota ki pyaar ke liye kitni bhi jang ladi jaa sakti hai, to mai hasta tha. Par ab, tumhare liye mere jaan bhi khatre me daal sakta hu. Itna change kiya tumne mujhko.

Mishti looked away to wipe her eyes as well as breathe deeply.

Mujhe pata nahi mai future me tumhare liye kya kya laake de sakta hu. Lekin tumhe har second khush rakhne ki koshish to zaroor karunga.

She smiled again and nodded as if Abir was there.

Tumhare peeche rehke tumhe guide karunga.

She remembered how he had helped her apply for the college in London.

Tumhare aage khade hokar har problem face karunga.

The times when he defended her and her parents infront of Sindhu Vardhan flashed infront of her eyes.

Tumhe Amma ke tarah treat karunga.

Finally, she reminisced how Abir had fed her when her hands were full of mehndi, how he had wiped the stain out of her mouth, how he had fanned her face when she was feeling hot.

Tumhe impress karne ke liye kitna aur try karna hai, ye mujhe pata nahi hai. Lekin tumhare liye mai wait karunga.
Kitni bhi door chalunga.

Kyunki tum mere fitoor ho, mere wajood ho.

Happy birthday love. :)

Tumhara,
Mr.Arrogant, Ajeeb, Abir.

Mishti hugged the letter to her chest and sobbed. Then she picked up the ring. Caressing it, she decided and got up. Instead of boarding, she went towards the exit.

This man deserved all the love he gave.

Abir was nonchalantly walking near the bus stop. Since it was morning 2, the whole street was deserted. Trees rustling to the wind, silence humming in the background, was the only solace he got until his mind popped up another image of Mishti crying. He despised himself so much.

But when he turned back, he removed his hands from his pant pockets. There she was, standing like an angel watching him with tear stained eyes. Abir felt a chill run down his body and blinked several times. No! He wasn't dreaming. She was actually there.

The next moment, they were soaked in rain. They didn't even know when it had started to pour down. Tucking the letter inside her bag safely, Mishti ran towards her man. Joyously crying, Abir closed the distance and lifted her up. Hugging the dear life out of her, he held her close though they broke the hug.

"Ami tomake bhalo bhasi." She said.
"Kya?" Abir was dazed.
"I love you." Mishti repeated smiling.
"Matlab?" Abir teased.
"Matlab I love you." She said chuckling.
"Mere liye kuch bhi karoge?" He questioned grinning.
"Nadi me bhi doob sakti hu. Mujhe swimming aati hai." She laughed as Abir joined their foreheads.

"Ajeeb Bharadwaj, bolo. Accept karoge?" Mishti was about to kneel down with the ring he had bought for her.
"Utho yaar! Tum kisi ke liye bhi nahi jhukoge. Waise bhi humara height difference accha khaasa hai." He chuckled making her grin too. Then he made her wear the ring.
(PS: This dialouge of Abir Rajvansh 😭)

"Life long mujhe jhelna padega tumhe, Ms.Nonsense." Abir declared.
"I'm ready Mr.Arrogant." Mishti's responded.
"Gusse me phir se tea mat phekna." His warning was met with another round of giggles.

That is how in the rain, they reunited.

THE END

Thank you for making this story beautiful, worth reading and so huge with all your lovely votes, comments and responses.

Will meet y'all very soon.

Until then,

Love love❤