Chapter 26

Mishti Bose

Two days. It's been two f***ing days since we returned to Bengaluru. We have no idea what Kunal and Kuhu heard from that old man. They won't talk, and Abir sincerely has no time to ponder over these little things because he owns a multi billionaire company. Well I'm not any less. I'm a doctor for god's sake.

"So Dr.Bose, explain me about this bone, it's nerve supply and blood supply." The professor asked suddenly as I jumped in my place. My internals were going on and what was I thinking! I concentrated as I squinted my eyes and observed the damn bone.
"Sir ye-"
"Sir! Aapke wife ko accident hogaya hai!" Maanav said launching in through the door.

What the-
The doctor ran outside as all the students in the class heaved a sigh of relief.
"Aagaya tera life saver." Maanav scoffed.
"Tu aur tere third grade jokes. Agar hume pata hota ki tum hume phasa doge, to mai tereko bhi saath me leke jaati." I commented.
"Mai kyu tum dono lovebirds ke beech me!" He smirked.

"Maanav, kabhi kabhi mujhe bhagwan pe gussa aati hai. Kaise tumhe dharti par bhej diya!" I said and smacked his head.
"Jaise tumhe bheja. Are then tell me honestly, tum dono ke selfies dekh ke to mujhe doubt aana hi tha. Agar ek aur din waha rehte to kya pata honeymoon bhi karliya hota. Ladka sach me handsome hai." He said.
"Aur ladki?" I asked smiling.

"Badsoorat chehron ka group leader." Maanav remarked as I ran behind him hitting him with my apron.
"Durga maa calm down." Kuhu came to his rescue as he hid behind her.
"Tu hat. Mai tujhse baat nahi kar rahi hu ye tujhe bhi pata hai. Iska advantage le rahi ho?" I asked her directly.
"Mishti! Ho kya gaya hai tujhe!" Kuhu was horrified.

"Don't be so shocked common." I scoffed.
"Nahi bolo kya bol rahi thi. Pure college ko batao ki hum acche terms me nahi hai." She shouted as I looked around. All of them were staring at us.
"Congratulations on being the best hypocrite." I shouted and went away. I was so angry on her. I was trying to help her and she was pushing me away. Then why did I endure one hell of a journey till freaking bathinda with freaking Abir Bharadwaj for her!

Sadly, I kinda missed his banter. All that loosened up Abir, making jokes, laughing at my antics and being serious when needed. Though he's grumpy, he's a good entertainment. Gosh! One problem at a time Mishti. Now, I had to stay at college till evening to finish my practical exam and then wait for another posting.

When I came out, I found none other than the devil standing near the pharmacy trying to search for something. I smiled and rushed towards Abir but when I noticed blood I froze on the spot. Was he hurt or something! I ran fast and reached him. I think I took him by surprise as he widened his eyes and smiled at me.

"What's wrong? Kuch hua kya?" I took his arm and inspected it all around. There was a huge gash on his left arm upto his elbow. If the wound was left open then he'd get an infection.
"Chote bacche ho tum! Dekh ke nahi chal sakte! Aankhen kya sir pe hai! Tumhe DL kisne diya huh? Kab lagi ye chot?" I railed questions on him.
"Hogaya?" He boringly questioned.

"Ma'am, Dr.Rastogi ka appointment fix karu?" The receptionist of the pharmacy asked.
"No. Mai handle karungi. Anyways I have clearance. Consultation ke column me Patel sir ka naam likh dena I'll talk to him." I informed Pooja and she nodded. All the while he kept gawking at me like I was some alien.

"Chalo." I said sternly as he bowed and followed me like a little kid.
"Heropanti part 3 ka audition chal raha tha kya! Aise stunts karne ki kya zaroorat thi? Kab hua?" I asked as he sat on the bed.
"Abhi 15 minutes pehle. Meeting ke liye jaa raha tha jab ek chota ladka signal cross kar raha tha wo bhi itna bada headphones lagake." He exaggerated as I shook my head.

"Opposite side se car ko bhi nahi dekha us ladke ne. To maine use bacha liya and in the process ittu sa rash hua." Abir finished as I washed the wound thoroughly and took the dettol in my hand.
"This will hurt. Baat karte raho." I instructed.
"Huh! Nothing can hurt Ab- owwwww!" He screeched when I applied it.
"Nothing can hurt who?" I asked innocently.

"Emotionless aurat." He grunted and looked aside painfully.
"Accha hold my hand." I put my right palm forward and he stared at me like I was some fool.
"Jaldi. Mere exams hai ek ghante me. Pura din tumhare seva nahi kar sakti." I ordered as he held it reluctantly. I pressed gently on the wounds and he kept on wincing and tightening the grip on my palm. But not enough to hurt me.

I bandaged the wound properly and tied it.
"Thank you. Fees kitna hai doctor?" He asked smiling.
"Kaha bhaag rahe ho Milka Singh! Abhi injection nahi diya hai tumhe." I said as he whined like a kid.
"Jaldi karo." Abir said and I took out a painkiller from the table and checked if the dosage was enough to reduce the swelling and the pain.
"Mai experiment model nahi hu. Theek se medicine ko check karna." Abir said.

"Mai to ab tak har exam me copy karke hi pass hoti aa rahi hu. Mujhe pata bhi nahi hai ki ye medicine kiske liye hai." I smiled.
"That's a pretty assurance thank god." Abir huffed relieved. I injected him without a warning as he groaned in pain.
"Pharmacy me jaake pay karo. Prescription deti hu." I wrote down the tablet list and he kept on staring at me.
"Kya?" I asked.

He hugged me suddenly.

Abir Bharadwaj

I thought Mishti Bose can be irritating, savage, sometimes beautiful and cute but never did I ever imagine her caring about a small wound. And that too me, losing all my self control and hugging her. What the f was I even high on! I don't know. It was so instinctive. I hadn't felt that since I never got time with Amma. Or else she would have spoilt me like she did with Pranav.

She awkwardly held my shoulders and tapped on them twice. She came exactly below my chin. Strange that I never noticed our height difference. And being so short, this girl commands me everytime. And I have to comply or else madam will have me beheaded. Soon she relaxed and hugged me back. I held her close for some unknown reason.

I was not going to a meeting. I was actually going to talk to Kunal and finish all this madness. He was going to prepone the wedding infact. The old man didn't give us anymore details and we searched the whole place. There was nothing there. We came back empty handed. But Kunal and Kuhu found the proof. To put all this to an end. And they are silent.

With everything going in my head, I couldn't think anything. Now in the morning, when I saved the boy, I remembered her. How much of a  saint she is and how much violent she can be when it comes to defending her family. She is a piece of puzzle I will never be able to decipher.

That is why I came to visit her. The happiness when I saw her after two days was priceless. And when she took care of me, I felt like I was a child being scolded for recklessness. Just like how I feel with Amma. The Abir Bharadwaj, "feeling" things like this is a bad sign. So I immediately withdrew from the hug.

"Uh, mujhe jaana hai. I'm sorry." I said awkwardly and left the place.
"Abir!" She shouted yet I didn't turn back. What was wrong with me! She helped like she helps every other person. She's a doctor and that's her job. There's nothing to feel special about it. I cursed mentally for losing my head and hugging her. I went overboard and made her uncomfortable.

It's all my fault! I shouldn't have come here. Taking all those medicines I started my car and was driving out of the hospital. I saw her running in the mirror but I didn't stop. I just wanted some time for myself. Away from her, away from this feeling. This is all so new to me! So I drove to the only place where I'd be distracted.

"Hello Mr.Bharadwaj. Shall I call Mr.Vardhan?" The receptionist questioned.
"Actually, I'd like if Mrs.Vardhan is available." I said.
"Tumhare liye to mai defenitely available hu Abir." Sindhu Vardhan said smiling from afar.
"Aapke appointments ko reschedule kijiye. Ye discussion aaj ke liye khatam nahi hoga." I replied.

"Oh! I guess it'll never start Abir." She scoffed. And she said the truth. Kunal immediately dragged me outside and stood infront of me.
"Phone kehke ek instrument hai! Kabhi kabhi use kiya karo." He shouted.
"Tum communication ke baare me lecture mat do! Why don't you tell me what happened!" I shouted back.

"Kyunki batane ke liye kuch nahi hai Abir! Agar humari shadi hui to wo jeet jayenge. Aur humne shaadi nahi kiya to-" He paused.
"To kya?" I asked.
"Humare parents ko hume hi jail bhejna padega." He said.

"It's a win and win for them Abir."

To be continued