Chapter 31

Abir Bharadwaj

Immediately getting up, I stood far away from her as possible, not facing her. Honestly I could my heartbeat in 8D effect, it was that loud. I just kissed her! And that too it was my first one. Never had I ever thought I'd kiss HER! God knows what will happen now! First of all, we fight like cats and dogs and now madam will blame me again. When I turned back slowly, she was already on her feet and staring at the wall awkwardly.

And when she started to go away, she was about to hit her head to the door again so I had to put my palm on her forehead.
"Seriously dikhta nahi hai kya tumhe? Kabhi aankhe check karwalo. Zaroor tumhare college me eye specialists honge." I said annoyed.
"Uh? Kya?" She asked fazed.
"Lo! Aankhon ke saath saath kaan bhi gaye." I rolled my eyes and went out.

"Kunal ko kehna ki mai office me rahunga." I said stoicly and got in the car.
"Naukrani nahi hu mai. Mujhe das hazaar baar call karne ke liye jis phone ko use karte ho, usi ko use karke khud apna message deliver karo." She scoffed and walked back inside. This girl and her attitude! As soon as I reached office, I sat down in my chamber, completely stunned.

"Sir? Aapke liye coffee lau?" Maya asked and shook me out of my reverie.
"Yeah. The usual." I said bluntly.
"Sir? Any problem?" Maya asked concerned.
"Is it that obvious?" I questioned worried.
"Sir, aapka chehra hi aisa hai. Anything regarding marketing or our shares?" She queried.
"Usse bhi bada problem hai Maya." I groaned and relaxed back in my chair.

"Ladki." She quietly chuckled.
"Aapko kaise pata chala?" I asked annoyed to the core. She guessed it like she could read my face!
"Sir, agar hum ladkiya aise sir par haath rakh ke baith gaye to, problem sirf ek ladka hi ho sakta hai. Isiliye maine guess kiya." She explained smiling.
"Haa haa. Aap ladkiyo ko hum problem hi hai." I said rolling my eyes.

Maya actually looked shocked. Because the Abir Bharadwaj was complaining like a kid. I was actually talking to her about my life. So obviously, it's a bit sudden and uncalled conversation.
"Sit Maya." I chuckled and shook my head. She obliged in a second and looked at me worriedly, as if I had chicken pox or even worst, cancer.

"Kuch nahi hua mujhe. Mai aisa hi tha par work load ke wajah se, mai kabhi aise jovial nahi reh saka aap sab ke saath." I said sincerely.
"No sir. Hum sabko aap hi motivate kar rahe the. Humko push kar rahe the to achieve even more. So that's discipline. It's fine you weren't jovial." Maya spoke. Now I understood, how much my employees believe in me. I felt proud and happy.
"Let's enjoy shall we?" I asked smiling as Maya nodded doubtfully.

The next few hours went on, with me and my staff playing dumbsharats, antakshari and handman. I laughed and enjoyed so much as I almost forgot all the tensions. Firstly all of them died due to heart attack seeing me like a carefree teenage student. Then they overcame it and became comfortable with me. But they chose the worst game ever, truth or dare.

"So sir! Aap kya choose karenge? Truth or dare?" Maya asked smiling.
"I'm not playing this child's game. Aap continue kijiye." I waved off and turned back to go inside my room.
"Are! To darr gaye aap?" She laughed mockingly.
"Are you challenging me?" I smirked as her grin died.
"Sir maine-"
"Fine. Let's start." I went back.

"Truth." I announced proudly and stood. Nobody even raised their voice.
"Khel raha hu na! Koi to poocho." I ordered as Maya looked at me confused. Then she realised I was kidding with them.
"Sir, aap ek bahut accha businessman hai. Aur usse bhi accha insaan. Par aapko apne goals aur family ke alawa kuch aur karna humne kabhi nahi dekha." Thanmayi said. She was in the production department. I valued her advice apart Maya.

"Par recently, humne aap me bahut changes notice kiya." She continued.
"Like?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Aap hasne lage hai, humare saath friendly rehne lage hai, aur to aur ab truth or dare bhi khel rahe hai." She exclaimed.
"Is that a bad thing?" I asked her as she shook her head and laughed.
"No sir. Kya mai pooch sakti hu ki aapme itne changes kyu huye hai?" Thanmayi asked finally.