Backstory.

Phoebe's backstory:
Phoebe was born on the 1st of October 1989. From an early age she was forced to take care of herself, learning to grow up too young.

Like the mamy other children born on the 1st October, Phoebe also possessed strange powers. Herself are shapeshift into any animal or person. An added bonus to her power enhanced senses like hearing and scent.

She was found at a young age by the Handler who took her and held her captive as a secret weapon until Five joined the commission. The Handler saw potential between the two and let them partner up however this ended up backfiring as they both escaped back to The Umbrella Academy where Phoebe adapted the number 8. It took her a while to settle in but eventually she became part of the family, bonding with Klaus and the odd times where his ghost brother Ben would agree with her. She never bonded with Luther or Diego and would often only just tolerate Allison. The only other person she found comfort in was Viktor. Phoebe had been told all about the other siblings by Five in their time being partners so she learnt about Ben's death the same time as Five did. When they both arrived back to the present Five became stuck in his 13 year old body while Phoebe didn't seem to have any physical changes.

Fives backstory:
Five hated everything about Phoebe when they first met. It wasn't until she displayed her ability accidentally that he started to change his feeling towards her. After time they grew closer and soon Five began to think of Phoebe as a sister instead of a work partner. He eventually told her his plan to escape and to his surprise she was well on board with it.

General backstory:
Phoebe tried to help Five and the rest of the academy prevent the apocalypse but they failed so Five teleported them back in time, to the 1960s in Texas. Where Five and Phoebe worked together with the rest of the academy and an attempt at getting deal old dad on their side. This was the only interaction Phoebe had with Reginald Hargreeves and she didn't want another one. After a tiring fight with Lila from the commission, the academy finally managed to snag a briefcase.

I hope this makes sense.

Xx