Chapter 4: Deal

The Sparrows pov

"So Marcus, what's the next move then?" Ben asked pacing back and forth.
"The big one is strong but stupid." Marcus begun explaining each one of the Umbrellas weakness. "The one with knives is skilled but acts tougher than he is. The one that took on you Fei, what's your review?" Macus asked looking at the seemingly blind one.
"Fights well, has some weird rumour shit though. Then there's the little guy, he's quick-" Fei started to explain when Ben cut her off.
"Yeah he's fast but it's not him or the others we need to be concerned about. It's their pet animal they brought. There's something odd about her."
"How about you tell me how you got your asses handed to you in 30 seconds!?" Marcus asked trying to change the subject.
"Its a wolf Ben. And it's not unusual, I mean look at Fei. She has ravens in a fight." The oddly average girl pointed out, ignoring Marcus's question.
"Yes I know but it's Fei and her birds. This is different, it's just the animal Jayme. No person just animal." Ben responded.
"What are you suggesting Ben?" Marcus asked trying to work out what point Ben was trying to make.
"They all have powers right? So what if the animal is a shape shifter?" Ben raised the question.
"And do you have anything to support this idea?" Marcus asked taking a step towards Ben.
"There was something in her eyes. More of a human look than animal." Ben said, holding his ground.
"I don't have time to argue with you Ben." Marcus replied before walking away. The rest of the Sparrows started to leave until it was just Ben and Fei left.

"Use your ravens to find the wolf will you Fei? And to see what Marcus is doing." Ben said.
"Since when do you give orders?" she replied folding her arms.
"Look will you do it or not?" He asked taking a small step closer to her.
"Fine, only because I don't trust Marcus. He's too calm to say we were just attacked." Fei answered before summoning 2 ravens and letting them fly in different directions.

The umbrellas pov

"Yo Viktor!" Phoebe called out as she saw him walking to the exit.
"Oh hey Phoebe." He said when she caught up with him.
"Where ya going?" She asked him.
"Just for walk." He lied uncovincingly.
"Great, you can explain on the way. Let's go." Replied Phoebe enthusiastically, walking through the exit.
"Wait, you don't have to come." Viktor said trying to get Phoebe to go back to the hotel.
"Viktor, if you're going to see Marcus then I'm coming." Phoebe said firmly, confusing Viktor for a second.
"You read my mind?" Viktor asked not hiding the slight hurt on his face.
"Yeah, anyway let's go." Phoebe replied brushing away the guilt she felt.

They soon arrived at a small, normal looking cafe. It didn't take long for Marcus to show up and to Phoebe's surprise, he was alone.
"I don't want to fight and I know you don't want to fight either." Viktor said to Marcus.
"I'm glad we're doing this. What ever happened between our families, it should be the number ones to sort it out." Marcus said getting the wrong impression.
"Atually I'm number 7 and Phoebe is number 8." Viktor corrected him.
"Well, I'm I suppose to take your word you'll leave us along?" Marcus asked in slight disbelief.
"Yes, because if not I'll be on your front lawn and I'll call you out to fight. Just me and you. I don't think your better than me but I do know that I ended the world. Twice, but you're just me in spandex." Viktor explained making the lights sway and the cups on the table rattle.
"You have something we need. You give it back to us and we'll leave, never to be seen again." Phoebe explained.
"You weren't at the fight earlier. Where you?" Marcus asked seemingly ignoring the request.
"No I wasn't. I don't go to the fights, I'm powerless so I become more of a liability than help." Lied Phoebe, effortlessly. A quick read of Marcus's mind proved he fell for her lie.
"So what is this thing we have that you want?" Marcus replied, considering a deal.

On the rooftop of the Sparrow Academy

"Well, did you find her? Did you find out what Marcus is doing?" Ben asked Fei impatiently.
"Marcus is making a deal with the small one with big powers." Fei begun explaining.
"And?! What about the animal, please tell me you found what she is?" Ben asked getting annoyed.
"No but there was this other girl, Phoebe I think she's called, that made the deal with Marcus. She told him she's powerless which is why she wasn't present at the fight. " fei told him with a smug expression.
"That's a lie. She has to be the shape shifter, its too much of a coincidence that they show up with the shape shifter and then this happens." Ben said trying to prove his point. "Do you know where she is right now?" Ben asked Fei.
"Yeah, her and the other one are leaving. What are you going to do about Marcus?"
"I'll handle it." Ben said, and Fei walked away leaving Ben to think of a plan.

Viktor and Phoebe left the cafe and started to walk back to the hotel.
"Hey um Viktor, I think I left my jacket at the cafe. You go ahead I'll see you back at the hotel." Phoebe told him.
"Are you sure? I don't mind waiting?" Viktor asked.
"Yeah it's fine." Phoebe reassured him and he left. Phoebe walked towards to cafe slightly before turning down an ally way. She lent against the side and crossed her arms.
"You can stop following me now." Phoebe said to the shadows and a figure walked into the shadows, standing a few feet away from Phoebe.

Chapter 4 is done

Who was following Phoebe?

Any ideas??

Xx