Chapter 7: Memories.

"I need you to read someone's mind for me Phoebe!" Demanded the Handler, almost dragging her down a corridor and into her office.
"Dont mind her. She's just observing." The Handler said to the person sat waiting in her office. She gave a look at Phoebe that meant "read his mind while I talk to him."
Not having a choice, Phoebe sighed and began reading his mind. She found out all sorts of things about the person including the fact they were called Five. After a long few hours, the Handler let Five go and demanded all the information Phoebe had gotten. She gave it all and expected to be dragged back to her room but this time that didn't happen, at least not straight away.
"I want you to partner up with Five. Make sure he isn't up to anything." The Handler told her.
"You want me to spy on him? Again?" Phoebe scoffed.
"Don't think of it as spying, think of it as practice or training. Learning to control your powers." The Handler replied.
"Yeah right. He hates me, so good luck getting him to work with me!" Snapped Phoebe, getting tired of being used all the time.
The Handler sighed before taking Phoebe back to her room.

Present time
"Hey Five?" Phoebe said as she came out of her trance of memories.
"Hey, you okay?" He asked softly sitting down next to her.
"Yeah I think. Do you remember how much you hated me when we first had to work together?" She asked.
"Yep. Couldn't stand you." He replied smiling sadly at the distant memory.
"What changed?"
"You showed me the truth about you. I guess something changed in me and I saw you for who you really are instead of some weapon or object." Five admitted.
"Maybe I was born to be used by others. Maybe that's the purpose I serve in this world." Phoebe whispered.
"Phoebe, look at me. That is not your purpose, I won't let Ben take you. I promise." Five promised.
"You can't say that, we don't know enough about them." Phoebe warned.
"You can mind read. Find out everything we need to know."
"I can't. Ever since the fight we had with them, Ben's been trying hard to clear his mind. He suspects I can read minds, he knows I can shift so I'm screwed essentially." Phoebe said defeated. The elevator stopped and doors opened. Phoebe and Five got out and they headed to their rooms, the conversation clearly over.

Phoebe climbing into the makeshift bed and quickly fell asleep. She soon woke to the moonlight peeping through the curtains. Looking round and seeing Viktor asleep and Allison still away, she snuck out the room and closed the door silently behind her. She started running down the corridor and soon made it outside. Once outside, Phoebe began running to the nearest park not noticing a raven watching her from the trees. It silently flew away over towards the Sparrow Academy.

At the Sparrow Academy

"Ben, she's heading for the park. Alone!" Fei called out as the raven flew back.
"Get the other 2, let's go." He replied heading out the door. A moment later Fei appeared along with Alphonso and Jayme.
"Remember, we're not trying to kill her or create a scene. We just need her to come back to the academy with us." Ben reminded the others as they headed for the park.
"Yeah we know." Jayme replied rolling her eyes.
"And don't let Marcus know what we're doing." Ben continued.
"Yeah we get that too. Can we go find this shape shifting freak or what?" Jayme said cracking her knuckles.
"She's there, on the bench." Ben pointed out as they got close to the park.

Phoebe turned round and saw Ben walking towards her. He was alone but she knew he had backup waiting incase things got messy.
"Phoebe." Ben said as he walked closer to her.
"You really don't know when to leave a girl alone do you?" Phoebe asked rolling her eyes. She got up and somersaulted off the bench landing infront of Ben, enjoying the slight look of surprise on his face and the gasp of surprise she heard from the back up.
"I hear you've brought back up. This isn't just another chit chat is it?" Phoebe asked wasting time.
"Nope. Now I'm not going to kill you-"
"Of course not, that would make all of this a complete waste of time. I know you want me to come to the Sparrow Academy with you and I also know you don't want to create a scene yet I'm going fucking nowhere with you!" Phoebe said firmly, cutting Ben off.
"Fine, we'll have it your way then!" Ben replied and his backup came out of the shadows. While they started to walk towards Phoebe, she quickly read their minds to find out their names.

"One against 4, odds aren't in my favour but-" Phoebe started to say when the 4 members of the academy started to close in around her. She made a run for the nearest tree and only just escaped, as Jayme tried to grab hold of her. She made quick work of climbing the tree. Fei was about to send a load of ravens into the tree but Ben stopped her and unleashed tentacles towards Phoebe.
"Shit. Using powers are we?" She shouted as she jumped from branch to branch. Becoming distracted by Ben, Fei was able to use her ravens to catch her off guard. Phoebe slipped on one of the branches causing her to fall.

She landed on her back and quickly was surrounded by the Sparrows. Jayme held out her hand and helped Phoebe to her feet before she looked at Ben who took hold of Phoebe's arm and began leading her to the Sparrow Academy.

Chapter 8 is done.
Will the others notice Phoebe is missing? What will they do about it? What will happen to Phoebe once she's at the academy?

I hope this chapter makes sense

Xx