chapter 10: Raven

"Willingly." Phoebe added. "I'll shift into a raven willingly for how ever long you need."
"Good, meet me downstairs in 10 minutes as a raven." Ben told her before walking away. Phoebe took a breath before feeling herself shift into a raven. She flew down the outside of the acadmey and waited outside for Ben to appear. When he did, he had Sloane and Fei with him. Once he saw Phoebe, he started walking away from the acadmey and the others followed.
"Come on." Sloane whispered to Phoebe softly. She took off flying a little above them, making sure it didn't look as if they had a pet raven even if that was how she felt.

She followed them to the park where a tree full of ravens were waiting for some kind of command or something. Phoebe perched on one of the benches and saw someone oddly familiar run past only to be chased by the flock of ravens. It was at this point that Phoebe realised she should be part of the flock, so she joined in. It wasn't until the person crashed into a lamp post that Phoebe saw it was Luther. She watched as Sloane made him levitate and Ben kicked him in the face, knocking him out.

With Klaus and Five
"So I've circled all the road side attractions that we can see." Five said and started ranting on about places to go.
"Hey, I don't think we're gonna have time to visit them all. Hey would you just shut up for 2 seconds.?" Klaus asked, looked at Five.
"I'm all ears." Five replied facing Klaus.
"We are going to Pennsylvania to find my birth mother, yayyy!" Klaus announced excitedly.
"What, but, Klaus!" Five yelled clearly pissed off and wanting an explanation.
"I didn't want to do this alone and knew you wouldn't come if I told you." Klaus whined.
"Yeah damn right I wouldn't have! You know why? Because I'm suppose to be retired!" Five declared.
"Ball of twine! Klaus turn!" Shouted Five as he grabbed hold of the steering wheel.
"No twine, no birth mother!" Bargained Five when Klaus resisted.

"I thought it be bigger." Complained Klaus.
"I don't know, seems pretty big to me. The real question is how do you know your birth mother is in Pennsylvania?" Five asked, looking away from the ball and looking at Klaus.
"Well because I was on the ass end of a two week bender. I can't tell you the exact date cause we boofing Xanax and the whole business, but Amy Winehouse was at the top of the charts so mid to late aughts. Anyway I helped myself to dad's office cause he had Pogo lock up all the stealables but instead I found a treasure trove of our family secrets. I was too messed up to do anything about it then but now dad disowns us, Grace isn't Grace and Ben's gone. So I thought why not go find her." Klaus told Five.
"You see anything about my mother?" Five asked hiding his sadness.
"No sorry." Klaus replied.

They set off and soon arrived at Klaus's birth mothers place.
"Holy shit, Klaus is Armish." Five declared surprised.
"This explains everything." Chuckled Klaus.
"How does this explain anything?"
"Its everything my childhood was missing."

Five let Klaus go find his mother but was soon disturbed by a field of cows going missing.
"Can't I get one fucking day off?" He asked out loud only to see Klaus running towards the car being chased by angry Armish people.
"Can't you just get along with people?" Five yelled at Klaus as he started the car.
"I tried to!" He yelled back. Before he got in the car, he was stopped by one of the women who gave him a book. Klaus ran to the car and Five set off driving.
"Hey look, it says here my mother died before I was even born." Klaus said, finding it amusing.
"What!" Five asked stopping the car.

At the Sparrow Academy

Luther walked into the kitchen to see Ben, Fei, Alphonso, Sloane, Jayme and Christopher eating breakfast. Sat perched on the window sill was Phoebe as a raven. She watched as Ben explained why they took Luther and what they want in return. Luther was clearly confused at what Ben was saying.
"Wait so we have Marcus?" Luther asked.
"Well we last saw him with your brother." Sloane said skipping out Phoebe's part of involvement.
"Which one?" Luther asked and Phoebe found herself smiling slightly.
"The little one with big powers." Replied Fei.
"Viktor? He's not one to go kidnap someone but I am usually the last person to know these kind of things." Luther admitted.
"You're there number one. Shouldn't you know everything?!" Ben asked but it was more of a demand.
"You're think so but after some family problems, we kinda ditched the numbers a bit." Luther said, and Phoebe blamed herself for breaking the family just a bit more.

"So this sounds like an easy fix, I go back to my family and if we have your guy we'll make sure to send him back unharmed." Luther said getting up. In the blink of an eye, Ben used one of his tentacles to push Luther back into his seat.
"Why leave now? Wait for Marcus to come back." Ben suggested but his expression told everyone he wasn't letting Luther leave just yet. He got up and grabbed an orange before heading to the door. Before he left, he turned to face Luther and said.
"If you even think about escaping, Feis birds with peck your eyes out and make a nest inside your skull."
He left and everyone slowly began following him out, with Phoebe following Fei out last.
"So what do you do for fun?" Sloane asked awkwardly when everyone had left.

Sloane began showing Luther round the acadmey, ending up at the gym. After some time, Fei came into the gym followed by one of her ravens and Phoebe.
"Ben wants a word." She announced.
"I'll go get cleaned up." Sloane said but Fei stopped her.
"Not you. Him." She said pointing at Luther.
He followed Fei to the main room where everyone else was.
"It doesn't look like your family's coming." Ben said.

Chapter 10 done
(Yesterday's chapter should have been chapter 9)
So Ben has Luther and Phoebe but will the others notice. Klaus's mother died before he was born but have the other siblings mothers passed before the siblings birth?? Will Five notice Phoebe is missing when he gets back??

Xx