Chapter 5: what are you?

"For someone who supposedly doesn't have powers, I'm curious to know what part you play in the umbrellas?" Ben asked her.
"Wouldn't you like to know. What I want to know is why your following me?" Phoebe asked.
"Why weren't you at the fight, Phoebe?" Ben asked slowly losing his temper.
"What fight? How'd you find out my name?" Phoebe replied calmly, showing no emotion to Ben mentioning her name.
"Wouldn't you like to know. What's your power?"
"I don't have any. Why were you following me?" Phoebe repeated.
"To find out what you are." He replied taking a step closer to Phoebe.
"I'm not special so why don't you go back to where you came from and leave me the fuck alone!" Phoebe said firmly. Ben stepped back and allowed her to walk away. As she turned her back, Ben smirked at her but let her continue walking.

As she began walking back to the hotel, she heard a heartbeat behind her. Rolling her eyes, she prepared for an attack by changing her eyes to that of a nocturnal animal and allowing her nails to become claws of a bear. Just as she suspected, soon she felt a hand wrap round her wrist and was thrown into the wall.
"You really don't know when to leave an idea alone do you?" She asked, staring at Ben.
"You lied." He stated.
"You knew I had, that's why you're still here." She replied, enjoying the look of confusion on Ben's face.
"You're good, I'll give you that. So what are you?" He asked. Phoebe just smiled at him before swiping her hand down his face, giving him several long deep scratches. This caused him to step away from Phoebe giving her a second to make a run for it. As she ran from Ben, she heard him cursing her but she just laughed to herself.

When she arrived back at the hotel Diego, Five, Viktor and Klaus were sat round a table discussing a plan.
"Hey Phoebe- are you okay? You look like you've ran a mile?" Klaus asked concerned. As soon as Five heard Klaus's concern he looked at Phoebe who nodded her head before heading up to her shared room. Five and the others were quick to follow.
"What happened?" Five asked trying to hide his concern.
"We have a massive problem. Ben is more interested in me than we first thought and he kinda knows more about me than he did before." Phoebe said quickly and quietly.
"You gonna explain what the hell happened!?" Five asked not hiding his anger. Without looking, Phoebe read Viktor mind and came to the conclusion that the others didn't need to know about the deal with Marcus just yet.
"I went for a walk and Ben started following me so I stopped-"
"Why would you stop!? I told you to be careful!" Five interrupted her.
"I'm sorry Five, but I had to see what he wanted." Phoebe explained. "He started asking me about why I wasn't present at the fight and I lied to him saying I was powerless and acting clueless to the fight. He eventually let me walk away but followed me some more. I kinda um changed my eyes to see in the dark better and also." Phoebe stopped and showed her hands to the others. She still had the bear claws that were bright red with Ben's blood.

"He tried to grab you didn't he?" Five asked his voice was softer than before. Phoebe nodded her head.
"I bought myself some time but it's not alot. He'll be out looking for me now more than ever." Phoebe said, the fear in her voice was thick.
"Yo Phoebe, take these." Diego said handing her a couple of knives that she could easily hide at the back of her legs.
"Thanks Diego." Phoebe replied with a smile.

"So um what do we do now then? Also why the hell is this new asshole of a Ben so interested in Phoebe. The old Ben never was unless he agreed with something you said." Klaus spoke, breaking the silence.
"That's what I'm worried about. I have my suspensions bases on what I could get from his mind but nothing solid yet." Phoebe told them, taking a seat on one of the beds before shifting the bear claws back to her normal nails.
"Care to share?" Five asked her gently, placing a hand on her shoulder.
"I think he wants me as part of the Sparrow Academy because of my Shape shifting abilities." Phoebe said after a while.
"No fucking way is that asshole using you for your power!" Diego said defensively even though he had no idea about Phoebe's past other than the brief overview Five gave them when they first met Phoebe.
"Yeah, we ain't gonna let him, Phoebe!" Klaus agreed. Five nodded at her to say he agreed and Viktor smiled at her.

Meanwhile back at the Sparrow Academy

Chapter 5 is done.
Again the cliffhanger, two chapters in a row how dare me 😂
So what does Ben really want either Phoebe? Will he get her?

Xx