Chapter 23: Kugelblitz last victim

Phoebe eventually found her socks and shoes over by a table with the remains of last nights scrabble game.

Klaus, what kind of word is hydbstq?" She asked when she saw him walk over.

"Oh that, haven't a clue." He chuckled before looking over at Ben who was still passed out on the pool table, apparently missing his shirt and shoes somehow.

"Oh my god, I need an instant hangover cure." Phoebe complained as she wandered round looking for some water to drink.

"Hey um Phoebe should we wake him?" Klaus asked pointing at Ben.

"Er, give him a poke with one of those," Phoebe said pointing at the pool sticks. "Just to make sure he isn't, you know, dead." Phoebe finished before she left to find a drink.

She returned ten minutes later holding two glasses of water. She sat down resting against the pool table holding the one of the glasses, the other she had placed down next to her for when Ben finally woke. It wasn't for another hour until Ben finally woke, completely confused for a second as he tried to remember what the previous night was.

"Phoebe? Klaus?" He asked sounding as if he was trying not to panic.

"You know panicking ain't gonna do anything if I wasn't here for some reason." Phoebe replied as she handed him the other glass of water.

"Do you-?" Ben started to say.

"Not a thing after the food." Phoebe finished off.

Ben looked around and that's when he realised his shirt and shoes were missing.
"Phoebe, where did my shirt and shoes go?" He asked her looking round.

"I don't know. I found socks and shoes over by that table so maybe try there?" Phoebe suggested. Ben soon found his shoes and started walking to the door
"Hey, where are you going?" Phoebe called out to him, clearly pissed he wasn't inviting her.

"To find a shirt. You're welcome to join." He said lightly.

"Yay." Phoebe bounced up from the floor and ran towards Ben where they linked arms before embarking on an adventure to find a shirt.

Within the hour, everyone had come together to hear some big announcement Reginald had to say.

"There may be away for us to survive this, in this hotel is a corridor that will lead us to the mirror version. In that version, there is a portal which will reset the timeline stopping the Kugelblitz." Reginald explained.

"Right and what if this is just some stupid mission pointless mission that we're all gonna die on?" Five questioned.

"Who cares, I'm in." Allison said with little hesitation.

"Woah we should vote." Viktor said and everyone agreed.

"Meet at the stairs in an hour to discuss the vote." Five said and with that everyone went their separate ways.

"Phoebe I want you to know that if you want to stay here, I'll stay with you. There's no other person I want to spend the time we have left with other than you." Ben confessed to Phoebe once everyone had left.

"I want to go. I don't give a shit if only 1% of what Reginald is saying is true. If there's even a tiny chance I might be able to spend an extra day with you, I'll take it. Where ever you go, I go." Phoebe said interlocking her hand with his.

The next hour came by slowly and painfully but it eventually hit voting time.

"Ben? What is your vote?" Reginald asked.

"Me and Phoebe vote go." He replied and Phoebe looked round losing hope that they would win this vote. Allison and Klaus and Lila also voted to go. That left Luther, Diego, Five, Viktor and Sloane voting to stay which resulted in a tie.
Everyone once again left, trying to work out how to spend their last few hours.

"What a fucking waste of time!" Phoebe yelled as she slammed her hand on the wall. "Ow." She muttered quietly rubbing her hand.

"Phoebe, stop." Ben said walking over to her.

"Why? What's the point." She replied defeated.

"We still have a few hours left. The world's not ending just yet." Ben said talking hold of her hands.

"I can't believe the world it actually ending." Phoebe sighed laid on Bens legs as he played with her hair.

"At least we have each other when it ends." He said planting a gently kiss on her forehead.

"Yeah, at least we have each other. You know, I'm glad I fell into your timeline." Phoebe said trying not to sound too awkward.

"I'm glad you did too." Ben replied smiling at her.

Just then she heard a scream. She looked at Ben who's expression told her he heard it too and they ran off to the source of the sound.

"Shit what happened?" She asked as she entered the white buffalo suite.

"He went to get ice. He was taking so long so I came to see what happened." Sloane cried holding Luther in her arms.

"Fucking hell." Phoebe said holding her head in her hands. Suddenly Reginald ran into the room and saw Luther dead.

 She left the room trying to get some air and that's when she saw the hotel was slowly being eaten by the Kugelblitz.

"Um guys, we er need to leave." She stuttered as the Hotel began to collapse.
"Everyone through the tunnel!" Shouted Reginald.

Diego and Lila went first followed by Allison, Viktor and Sloane. Phoebe wanted to wait for Klaus to enter the tunnel but was dragged into to by Ben. Five followed in just before Reginald and Klaus.

When everyone came out the other side, Klaus was no where to be seen.
"Where's Klaus?" Phoebe asked gripping hold of Ben's hand tightly.

"I'm sorry children, the Kugelblitz has claimed its last victim." He replied.

Chapter 22 is done.
So Klaus is 'dead' Luther is dead and everyone is in the mirror version of the hotel.

I also have another umbrella academy story out. It's called The Second Ghost and has the introduction of characters and the first chapter published with more to come soon.

Next chapter is likely to be the last.

Xx