Chapter 12: The meaning behind the number

"When Five was younger, he ran away from the acadmey and got stuck in the future for several years. I think it was about 50 in total. This organisation called the commission eventually found him and hired him. I was already 'working' for them at the time but I was paired up with Five and eventually after learning how to get along I escaped with him back home. I adapted the number 8 just because it made me feel part of the family but it wasn't true, I knew that, they knew that. I was just an imposter that found comfort in Five, I didn't really belong with them. I don't really belong anywhere." Phoebe explained, looking away from Sloane hoping she didn't see the tears rolling down Phoebe's face.
"If you wanted to leave, I'd let you and cover for you. Take the blame, say the word and you can be free." Sloane said, standing up and hugging Phoebe.
"Nah Ben would be on me before I made it to end of the alleyway." Phoebe replied looking out the window.
"How do you know that?"
"Because he's stood outside listening to every word. He has been from the start." Phoebe smiled as she heard Ben's heart rate increase slightly. Sloane went to the door and as Phoebe said, Ben was stood listening to everything.

"So that's how you knew things." Ben said trying to take a step towards Phoebe but Sloane stopped him.
"That and also common sense really." Comfirmed Phoebe. "You can let him past Sloane, he's got an idea. I can tell." Phoebe told Sloane and she moved away from the door, letting Ben take step inside.
"If the umbrellas aren't coming for you then you can help us get the upper hand on them. Tell me everything about the Umbrella Acadmey." Ben said demanding.
"No. I may have not really belonged in their family but that does not mean I'll tell you everything about them, you heartless basted." Phoebe said getting up from the chair.
"Listen here, Phoebe." Ben said taking a step closer to her.
"Ben stop!" Sloane said desperately.
"No, Sloane it's ok. He can't hurt me anymore than my past already has." Phoebe said, reassuringly.

Meanwhile at Hotel Oblivion.

Five and Klaus returned and the same time as Allison.
"Hey Allison, you okay?" Klaus asked as they passed each other.
"No, Claire doesn't fucking exist. Five we have to go back!" She demanded turning to face him.
"Calm down Allison. This timeline is definitely more wrong than you think. We need to call a meeting." Five replied trying to calm her down.
"Lets call a meeting shall we." Klaus said enthusiastically, running a head to gather up Diego, Viktor, Luther and Phoebe.

"Alrigh- Where's Luther and Phoebe?' Five asked looking round.
"Luthers probably out somewhere and Phoebe, haven't seen her." Diego replied pretty unbothered. The colour drained from Fives face as he struggled to form words.
"When was the last time someone saw her?" He asked trying and failing to keep his voice steady.
"I haven't seen her since you took her to elevator, like yesterday.' Diego said, still not finding reason for concern.
"Oh fuck. This is bad. First problem, all our mothers died before we were born." Five said, his voice becoming steady again.
"Then how are we here?" Allison asked almost demanding the answer.
"We are here because we fucked up the timeline and caused a grandfather paradox." Five said emotionless.
"Stanley! Now is not the time to be practicing karate." Diego yelled at his son.
"Yeah well mum says I need to practice." Stanley answered back.
"She's not wrong." Diego said quietly.
"Wait Lilas here?" Five asked, an idea forming in his head.
"Yeah, I said she could stay with us for a bit. She's taking a shower." Stanley answered. Five started to walk over to the showers.
"Where the hell are you going?" Diego asked watching Five walk away.
"To talk to someone who only has half their head up their ass." Five replied before disappearing.

Everyone just stared in silence until Luther walked.
"Little late for a meeting pal." Diego commented.
"I was being held hostage by the Sparrows. Wait did you even notice I was gone?" He asked sounding a little hurt.
"What Yeah, we're so glad your okay." Everyone quickly lied. Diego whistled to get Luther attention.
"What did they want?" Diego asked him almost rolling his eyes.
"Oh right." Luther Chuckled. "Marcus, they think we have him."
"Well we don't." Viktor said and Luthers smile faded slightly.
"Oh I thought we could solve that quickly and move onto problem number 2. People just disappearing off the street." Luther said and everyone looked at each other with the same expression. "Shit!"

Chapter 12 is done.
Five has finally realised Phoebe is missing but isn't doing anything about it yet. Luther has made it back to Hitel Oblivion and now people are going missing. Also what the hell does a grandfather paradox mean for the unlucky Umbrella Acadmey??

Sorry this chapter pretty shit

Xx