Nine

Note: none

Edited February 2023

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Kol and I drove up to the plantation. The door opened and we only saw Rebekah and Elijah, two large trucks and movers coming in and out of the house with all sorts of furniture. 

"What the bloody hell did we miss?" Kol asked. 

Since Kaleb and Jacob left for London I felt less anxious and was spending time with my kids and my newborn son, which firstly was not easy taking care of a newborn we hardly slept. 

But back to them, my brother and... his best friend. It was better they were out of the country than coming back to deal with the witches who were probably wondering what on earth happened to them and why they were taken away. 

"Bekah!" Danny said getting out of the car and racing to Rebekah. 

"Hello, little one," Rebekah said picking her up. 

She had put on a fake smile to hide behind the sad one she had. Kol came up beside me as Kyle went to his sister. 

"Where's Hayley?" I asked holding my son in my arms. 

"With Nik at the compound," Rebekah said to me then turned to Danny and Kyle. "Now, I have gotten the best beignets in the quarter this morning for you two. There in the kitchen go on."

"Thanks, Bekah!" they both said before racing inside. 

"Let me guess Nik kicked you both out of the dog house?" Kol teased. 

"Rebekah plotted a revolted against our brother and I doubted his intentions," Elijah responded. 

'Which was stupid," I commented as they both looked at me. "What? it was. Come on Klaus is a lot of things but did you really think he'd use his own kid and be anything like your father?"

"We didn't mean for it to happen, Nik drives us insane."

"No, the only person he drives insane is me," Kol replied to his sister. "But it's nice for a change seeing you two in the dog house."

"Kol." I sighed while shifting Nathaniel in my arms since he was beginning to squirm. 

"As if you think rationally," Rebekah grumbled loudly.

"I've made some irrational decisions, but I know when I doubt Nik or his intentions it is my own decision not influenced by others."

Danny and Kyle came back out when Kol's phone rang. 

"Speaking of the devil," Kol answered. "Nik, we were just talking about you."

I looked at Elijah and Rebekah. "Please tell me you have a couch still or something because I need to change my son's diaper, again."

"Of course, come," Rebekah said helping me inside. 

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Leave it to Klaus to make us draw lines and now that Rebekah and Elijah were as Kol said in the dog house, Klaus was leaning towards trying to win over Kol's favor. Guess it pays off to have a big family and lots of siblings.

I walked into the compound with Nate in my arms and Danny and Kyle at my side. Kol coming around the car to us. We walked up from the garage and the first thing we met was a few vampires. 

"Hey," one male vampire said walking up with another beside him. "Who the hell are--"

Kol grabbed two vampires by the neck walking them back into the center of the compound.