Thirty-Six

Note: This is going to be a long one. 

⚠️Warning⚠️

-Blood

-Violence

Edited August 2023

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

"Lavender's blue dilly, dilly, lavender green, if you love me dilly, dilly, I will love you," I sang while rocking my daughter in my arms. 

Kol had come back from St. James jazz club this morning. It pained my so much not having my son in my arms and I wanted him by my side sadly no one was more endanger than him, Hope, Renee, and Shawn. All of them remained at the jazz club with Hayley and the wolves, and my brother. 

"Why does everyone look so glum?" Danny asked while sitting on the bed. 

I walked over to her and sat down as she looked at me. "Everyone's just worried about Dahlia is all," I told her while giving her assuring smile. 

"I wish I could've stayed to stay with Nate so he wasn't alone," Danny said. 

"I know," I told her brushing her hair back. "But I must ask you a favor." Danny sat up. "I need you to go with your Uncle Jacob to the old cabin we stayed in before Nate was born, you remember the cabin right?"

Danny nodded. 

"You, Cora, Colin, and Kyle will be safe there. I don't want you guys here to see the fighting."

"You and Dad will be safe?" Danny asked. 

I should smile and nod telling her yes, but I was worried, Dahlia didn't seem to be the one who would back down easily. And Klaus was no help going around and barking orders while he was paranoid. 

"We're just going to fight this big bad witch and then we can go anywhere in the world."

"New York," Danny said. "I want to see Broadway shows."

"Alright then." I smiled and kissed the top of her head. Then I looked up and saw Kol. 

I glanced over at Kyle who was reading. Kol came and took Cora from me so that I could walk over to Kyle. 

"Kyle..." I said seeing him looking up at me. 

"I want to help," Kyle interjected. 

"I know," I told him. "but we need to protect everyone--"

"I've seen fights--"

"Kyle--"

"I want to stay and fight."

I took his hands and then watch as he looked straight into my eyes. "You are the bravest person I know," I told him. "A lot's happened to you that I wish I could undo. But right now, Dahlia is ruthless and if she were to hurt you and Danny... your father and I would go crazy."

"Why can't we catch a break from people trying to kill our family?" Kyle asked. 

"I don't know," I told him. "Go with your siblings, where I know you're safe. Promise me you'll stay with your siblings and I promise we'll make it up to you."

"I promise," Kyle said then stood up and hugged me. 

Kol had Danny ready to leave. I pulled away from Kyle as he picked up his back and we walked out of the room.