Twenty-three

Note: We're back! First, apologizes for not updating, writer's block hasn't been nice and neither is school homework but we're hitting the final stretch of my school career. Graduating soon, if all goes well. 

Edited march 2023

⚠️Warnings: ⚠️

mentions of blood and violence. 

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

"Kol..." Klaus said entering his room to find Kol in the middle of what looked like a tornado that had ripped everything apart and scattered some of the things around the room. Clothes were scattered everywhere, glass shattered, and three bodies one blood spilling onto the carpet and two completely dried out and lifeless. 

"Leave Nik," Kol said with his face buried in his hands while he sat on the ground and began drinking bourbon straight from the bottle. "I am in no mood to be bothered."

Klaus sighed, still taking in the scene of the entire room. The pictures were either put away or facing the wall. Klaus only heard from the spat Kol and Hayley had with Elijah about what he'd done. Even Klaus couldn't actually believe that Elijah would put away all of Clarissa and Nathaniel's things without consenting to Kol. Now, he'd have to deal with the rage, anger, and broken part of Kol. 

He never really realize how much Clarissa had gotten him to change until she was gone. Until he saw the fear in his little brother's eyes when she was laying on the ground just hanging on. When he thought he'd lost his son. 

Klaus took a phone out of his pocket. It was a good thing he come prepared knowing Kol better than Elijah and Rebekah. It was odd of all their family Kol and Klaus knew each other best, their habits at least, not completely. Of course who knew Kol without Kol needing to explain himself was Clarissa. She gave everything he didn't realize he wanted, a family that loves him unconditionally and fights for him.

Even before, when they were human. Henrick would knock them all around he was the only one to ever invite Kol to play first. No, Klaus was wrong. Klaus didn't know Kol that well, Henrick knew each of them to the core how devasting could it be that their youngest could see everything and the eldest were so blind by their own lives?

If the originals were allowed, Kol would've probably thought about shutting his humanity off. New vampires were granted the ability to turn it off, but, as they live longer that ability fades over time. 

Klaus tried when he was plagued by the brotherhood of the Five for the first time. He couldn't deal with that pain and anguish and wanted to shut it off but it wasn't possible. Elijah wanted to when Celeste died. Rebekah did as well after she thought Marcel had died in the fire made by Mikael. Finn when no longer wanted to live in agony because of the dagger in the chest. 

So Kol eased into the bloodlust and violence that drove them as vampires. It was better than dealing with the heightened feelings. But that wall of blood and violence was broken down by her. No, Kol broke it, he wanted to break it for her.  

Klaus opened up his phone and went to his gallery, where a downloaded video was, and played it after putting the volume up, not that he needed to Kol had super-hearing after all. But he knew eventually Kol would go down this path, depressed and broken, and he needed her. The one person to bring him back to his senses. 

"Hey, Kol." Clarissa came onto the screen. 

Kol's head snapped out as Klaus held out the phone to him. Kol sped onto his feet and then took the phone to see the video that was recorded by her. Kol looked around and notice the typical bed in a motel. One he knew wasn't too far from here.