Chapter 20 | checking in

Things were just going so well recently.

Today you'd been able to compile all the information and exchange it for an arrest and search warrant. You were allowed to cease any belongings that could be evidence, and bring your main suspect in for questioning. The case was going super well.

And on top of that, you'd had the worlds greatest detective confess his undying love for you. What a win! You managed to bag one of the most powerful men in the world!

You knew deep down you were just that damn hot.

So naturally, when there was tea for spill, you had to call your dads.

"I SWEAR (Y/N), you really need to call my often I'm DYING to know all the details"

"Ok ok! Sorry I was just so busy" you snickered.

You'd video called your dads, who picked up within seconds. They were always your biggest supporters and wanted to know every detail of your cases. Having two dads did make things confusing sometimes so you'd come up with a system when you were little. One dad was referred to as well... dad. And the other was referred to as father. That way when you called 'hey dad!' Down the hall they'd know which one you were talking about.

Dad was the one who'd taught you to be a trouble maker, and father was the one that taught you to be safe. One was definitely more protective than the other but they both cared for you just the same and just as deeply.

"Ok, so. Have you seen the news about it?" You asked.

"Last we saw was there's another victim" Father replied.

"Right so you're pretty up to date then. Obviously you can't repeat any of this to anyone, you know the drill. But we've got a search and arrest warrant on our main suspect, so that's happening by the end of the week. From everything we do have on him I bet he's the guy. He's been around all the victims at some point, he literally has the first victims rosary in his house, and from his digital footprint we can tell he's a total dick who'd definitely have the motive to kill. He hated women, men he deems successful and better than him, and just anyone different really. I think it's a jealousy and sexist motivated crime" you explained.

"Ugh one of those men, seen quite a few cases with killers like that in your day huh?" Dad replied.

"Oh yeah, unfortunately men like that are way more likely to be violent"

You could name several killed that fit that bill off the top of your head. How no one around the noticed warning signs you have no idea.

"And the method of death?" Father asked.

"Aconite" you replied.

They were silent a moment, not understanding.

"I'm regular people language please honey" dad said.

You playfully rolled your eyes, forgetting that they'd have no idea what different poisons are.

"Poison. It's from a flower and by the time it's taken affect on the body there's barely any trace of it. That's why autopsy reports seemed to have nothing, but it was found in food of the latest victim. They ate it, and died in the next 48 hours. It's colourless, odourless and in food it's tasteless. You'd have no idea you were eating it" you explained.

Your dads cringed at the thought.

"Ew I hate that" dad said.

"That's scary, the fact you'd have absolutely no idea until you're minuets away from death..." father added.

"I know it's freaky. Everyone in the area has been super careful about their food now the media has reported it's a string of poison related murders" you replied.