Chapter 69 | no words needed

A/n: ahhh! It's over! Thank you for tagging along and be on the lookout for the next L book soon :)

The dark room was illuminated by only candles atop a cake, and the birthday boy sat before it with a smile on his face.

You weren't joking when you said Halloween was a party at your household, and since it was also L's birthday there was an excuse to have extra sugar. It may be a bit cliche, but you and L just HAD to dress up as Morticia and Gomez, and have Rosie be your Wednesday. So around the table you sat, all dressed up and singing happy birthday to L.

Your dads had already started with the alcohol that night, as they always got a bit tipsy on Halloween, and the plan was to do something for L's birthday and then join the neighbourhood festivities outside with trick or treating and the blocks Halloween party that happened every year.

The park down the road lit up decorations and music every Halloween, the kids of the neighbourhood could run around and trick or treat and as the night went on and the young ones went home to bed, things always got a bit wild with the adults. You'd told L about that a while ago now, and he was eager to see the chaos your parents got up to for himself.

But first, cake.

Blowing out the candles, your little family clapped for L and he gave you a bright smile. Turning the lights back on, your father handed him the knife to make the first slice.

"Right Mr detective, don't do any stabbing with that thing just because it's Halloween" he joked.

"As if he'd be strong enough to stab someone with those noodle arms" you joked.

L have you a playful glare, and gestured that if you didn't watch your mouth he'd give you the smallest slice of cake. He gave the first slice to Rosie of course, who was exited to be on a sugar high all night and was quick to start licking the icing off.

Everyone had a slice of the strawberry shortcake, decorated with a Halloween themed happy birthday message. L had very quickly grown to love your dads cooking, he had a way with sugar that made everything perfectly sweet.

"You exited to go trick or treating?" You asked Rosie.

She nodded frantically, kicking her legs in excitement.

"It's Wednesdays first proper Halloween huh? Old enough to go trick or treating now" your dad asked.

Rosie nodded, practically vibrating with excitement. She'd been too young to be trick or treating when her parents were still alive. Plus, Halloween wasn't as big in England. Now she was 6 and a big girl, she was allowed to stay up a bit later and wouldn't miss out on trick or treating.

"I'll watch her once it gets late, that way you two can hang at the party" father said.

"What? No it's ok, I'll watch her" you replied.

"(Y/n) you missed last year's Halloween because you were away. You're going to this one, I'll watch her and put her to bed. Plus L needs to see this chaos for himself. I can miss one year, just film all your dads drunken mess for me"

Well, if he insisted. You did want to catch up with everyone form your childhood that still attended the yearly party anyway. And it would be tragic if L didn't see the annual festivities for himself.

"Alright, but don't say I didn't offer" you replied.

"It's fine (y/n) really. That's why one only had one drink tonight, gotta be sober to watch a child" father assured.

"Ok ok! Thank you. Oh and dad..."

Your dad looked up from his slice of cake, now paying attention to the conversation.