Chapter 1: Drinks Before the First Day

"Nami! Hurry up, we're going to be extra late at this rate!" I yelled to Nami who was getting ready in the bathroom.

"(Y/N), calm down. Five more minutes and I'll be done. And get your ass over here and let me put some makeup on you too!" Nami yelled back.

"Fine, whatever. If that will make you get ready faster you can put some makeup on me." I said walking towards the bathroom.

In the bathroom Nami finished her makeup quickly then put some blush, highlight, and mascara on me. Finally we were ready to go out and meet our other friends. Nami was dressed in a short, tight, red dress. Her hair was up in a cute bun and her makeup was done perfectly.

I on the other hand opted for my favorite black jeans, and crop top, and vans. I usually don't wear makeup but there wasn't time to change Nami's mind, we were already 30 minutes late.

"I wish you would've wore a dress with me (Y/N). You're never going to get a boyfriend dressed like that." Nami said as we walked to our uber.

"Jeez, harsh much? If I have to wear a dress to get a boyfriend, then good riddance. Take it or leave it, if they don't like the way I dress they can fuck off. I don't even want a boyfriend anyways." I said.

We both got into the back of the uber and Nami said, "Sorry. I didn't mean to sound like a bitch, but c'mon you haven't even been on a date in over 6 months! Don't you think it's about time? I can even set you up with someone!! That would be so fun, like a blind date!!"

"Nami, seriously, it's fine. I'm fine. I'm actually really happy lately. I feel like I'm finally getting over Law, and I don't want to rush into another relationship. Let's just have fun tonight. I start my new job tomorrow and I'm in need of some stress relief." I said.

"Fine, fine. I won't push anymore, but just know that offer will always stand. I have a few people in mind that I think would be perfect for you!" Nami said putting her hand on my shoulder.

I placed my hand on hers and said, "Thanks Nami. I couldn't ask for a better best friend."

"You're welcome (Y/N)! All this talking has me thirsty. How about the first round tonight is on me?" Nami asked.

"Woah. Where's Nami and what did you do to her?" I said laughing. It was weird for her to offer to pay for anything, let alone our first round. Maybe she feels bad for trashing on my outfit.

Nami just punched my shoulder in response, and we both giggled. We made it to the bar in the next few minutes and thanked our driver. We stepped out and trudged right to the front of the line of people waiting. I could tell some of them were pissed that we were skipping the line, but that's the perks of having one of your friends as the bouncer for the bar.

"Hey Franky! Thanks for letting us skip the line, we owe you one!" I said as he stepped aside to let Nami and I in.

"Super! No problem guys. Have fun in there. I get off in about an hour so I'll join you guys then!" Franky said.

I smiled then walked into the bar. The second we were in Luffy came over and jumped on me causing me to stumble.

"Woah, easy tiger. Are you already drunk? We weren't that late!" I said shoving him off of me.

"Maybe just a little bit. I'm so happy you guys are here! Why are you so late?" Luffy asked, finally standing on his own two feet.

"My fault. I took too long getting ready according to (Y/N)." Nami said stepping out from behind me.

Luffy blushed when he saw Nami, and moved to give her a hug.

"Well come on over. We're all at the table in the corner over there. We'll get a round of tequila shots!" Luffy said pointing to the table where the rest of our friends were.