Chapter 24: Everything will be okay

Narrator POV

You were rushed into the trauma room with swarms of doctors and nurses at your side. Law included. Kid stood in the waiting room with his brothers by his side. His hands were balled into fists as angry, worried tears dripped down his face.

"Hold it together Kid. Have some faith. Law will do everything in his power to make sure she is okay" Killer said, placing a hand on Kids' shoulder.

This made Kid crumple. He dropped his head into the shoulder of his best friend as more uncontrollable tears jerked him every which way.

-

The doctors ran numerous tests on (Y/n). Her left arm was fractured and needed immediate surgery. She was also suffering from a severe concussion and 3 broken ribs. Luckily it didn't appear to be life threatening, though only time will tell when she wakes up.

-

Law successfully performed the surgery on (Y/n)'s arm. He let Kid in the room so he could hold her hand as she awoke from the anesthesia.

"Remember. No yelling Eustass-ya. She has a severe concussion, and the slightest noise could cause her pain." Law said to Kid.

"I know, I'm not an idiot." A tired looking kid breathed out, annoyed at Law's comment.

(Y/n)'s eyes slowly started to open. She went to rub them with her left arm, realizing she was unable to move it and was hit with throbbing pain. She winced at this. Kid gripped her right hand reassuring her. She turned her head as her blurry eyes could see his figure sitting next to her. His glossy eyes met hers, and a smile warmed his face. Law slipped from the room to give the two some space.

End Narrator POV

(Y/N) POV

As flashbacks of the previous night came flashing back to my memories, Kid was there to hold my hand. To reassure me that everything was going to be okay.

My head felt spacey and there was this intense ringing forming in my ears. Though I knew it would cause me pain, I wanted to hear his voice.

"Wow" I struggled to say, "I have my own personal night and shining armor."

Kid smiled then said, "I'll always be your hero. Forever and always."

I glanced down at my left arm that was wrapped in a sling. I noticed my ring was gone and my heart sank.

"My-my ring: I said, sad.

"No, no. It's okay baby. I have it right here." He then reached in his pocket and held up the stunning ring.

I let out a sigh of relief.

He also grabbed a chain out of his pocket and looped the ring around it and clasped it swiftly around my neck turning it into a necklace.

"While your arm is healing, I think it'd be better to wear it like that for now." Kid said, looking pleased.

I smiled.

"Shit. Did they say how long until my arm is going to be healed?" I asked, thinking about my wedding, which was now less than 6 months away.

"Law said 2 months max. And that's for everything. Your arm, your head, and your ribs. You just have to take it easy for 2 months, then do some physical therapy, then bam good as new claws." Kid said.

My eyes started to grow heavy.

"I think I need to go to sleep for a bit. I love you Kid." I said, closing my eyes.

"I love you too (Y/n). Never scare me like that again." Kid said.

End (Y/n) POV

Kid POV

I quietly stepped out of the room as (Y/n) went to sleep. Law was waiting outside of the door.

"So. How is she?" Law asked.

"Surprisingly, a lot better than I imagined. She's one of the strongest people I know" I said.

"She sure is" Law said, "I'm hiring a new team of PI's to investigate how this happened and if it's at all related to the poisoning. I don't want you to think I'm overstepping now Eustass-ya. I still care about her like family, and I can't stand to see anyone hurt her from this day out."

"I understand. I don't think you're overstepping. I actually really appreciate it more than you know Law. I know you have good connections so I'm trusting you with this. I just want you to keep me and the guys in the loop of everything." I said.

"Will do Kid. Did she have a dashcam in her car by any chance?" Law asked.

"Yes, there is actually. As long as it's still there and intact, tell your guys that they are free to grab the data and anything else from the car that would be of use to them. The car is back at our place, we had it towed there once the police were all done with their 'investigation'. Seems like they didn't really care to investigate. My odds are someone must've paid them off or something because they sure were quick to conclude it as an accidental hit and run." I said.

"Thanks. We will get to the bottom of this. Everything will be okay." Law said, placing a hand on my shoulder, "and Eustass-ya? Go rest. You need it. You look like shit."

He then turned and walked away.

I sighed. He was right, I was completely and utterly exhausted. I slipped back in (Y/n)'s room and sat down on the couch. I pulled my phone out to update the guys and let them know that someone would be stopping by our place for the data on the dash cam and such.

After hitting send, my eyes started closing on their own. 

Hiii readers!! Thanks for sticking around for this story!! I'm hoping with some more time this summer that I should be able to get it fully done and where I want it!! xxxanna