2

Freshman year in college

I walk out of my class to find my best friend waiting for me. Her name is Rei. She's a student from Japan. We got close over social media and found out we were both going to SNU and became roommates. From then on we became inseparable.

"Want to eat after our classes?"

"Yes pleaseeee. I'm starving." Just then my shoulder bumps into someone else's. I stumble back and my papers fall out of my arms.

"I'm so sorry." I look to see who I bumped into. His eyes were big and clear, almost cat-like. His face was perfect. He was tall and his shoulders were broad which probably why it hurt so much when I bumped into him.

"It's okay. Is your shoulder okay?" I say looking at him concerned.

He smiles a little, "Yeah I'm okay. Let me help you with your papers." We both bent down. My heart starts to beat like crazy. Why is this happening? I reached out for the last piece of paper that was on the floor but it seems like the boy did the same. Our hands touch for a second before he lets go. My breathing starts to become uneasy.

"Sorry again."

"It's okay really. Thank you though for helping me pick up the paper."

"Of course no problem. Alright well imma go now."

He waves at me and gives me a big smile, showing me his cute dimples before going back to his path.
I catch up to Rei, trying to catch my breath. "Okay let's go." She links our arms and takes us to our next class.