11

Jake and I have become really close. We hung out basically everyday. Today he invited me to meet his friends at a beach house that his friend Jay has and let us stay for two nights. Of course I accepted since this is the first time I will be meeting his friends.

I step in his car with all my stuff for a beach day.

"Hey."

"Hi Jake."

"You look good today."

Pink rushes to my cheek, "You don't look too bad yourself." I say as I look over at him. He was wearing a button up but it was halfway buttoned. I reach over and button one. He looks at me confused.

"Why'd you button?"

I look out the window hoping to hide the tint of pink on my face, "I could see your abs..."

It was silent for a second before I heard his laugh, "You're so cute. Should we go now?"

I nod my head aggressively still looking out the window.

"What'd you say?"

"Let's go." I murmured.

"Sorry could you look at me and say it Sooyeon?"
I slowly turned to him, "I said let's go." I could see a smile slowly form on his face.

"Are you blushing?"

"I'm not. I'm just- can we just go?"

He chuckles, "Alright alright let's go."

We soon reach the beach house after an hour or two of driving. I wake up to Jake looking over me and unbuttoning my seatbelt.

"Wake up sleepyhead."

He extends his hand out and I groan. I grab his hand and he helps me get out of the car. He opens the trunk and takes both of our duffle bags.

"I could carry my own Jake."

"It's okay. Could you close the trunk for me?"
I try grabbing my bag but he swings it away. "Nuh-uh I'll carry it." I smile and close the trunk. "If you say so. Thank you."

I follow him to the house and ring on the doorbell. The door opens and I see the boy. The boy I swore I was over with. Jungwon. I stood there shocked.

"Jake-hyung!"

"Hey bro."

Jungwon averts his attention to me who was standing there still a little shocked.

"Hey!"

What was I thinking? He probably doesn't even remember the times we interacted. My heart stunk.
I walked past him and followed Jake to the living room where he dropped off our bags where all the other ones were. The beach house was amazing. Jake takes my hand, "Let's look in the backyard."

He dragged me outside and it was beautiful. It was currently sunset. We leaned against the railing of the balcony.

"Wow it's beautiful."

"It really is."

We stood there for a moment before Jake broke the silence.

"So we're gonna be here for the weekend. When everyone gets here I'll introduce you to everyone. I promise you they're really nice but if you ever feel uncomfortable tell me and we can figure it out."

I turned my head to look at him and the wind blew through my hair. "I will. Thank you Jake. For inviting me."

He smiles at me and puts the strand of hair in front of my face behind my ear. "Of course. Anything for you Sooyeon."

We both laugh and go back to looking at the sun slowly starting to set.