25

We enter the amusement park to hear music and screams. I hold onto Jungwons arm.

"Let's go on the rides first then we can eat. I wanna go on that one." I said pointing at the roller coaster that has a 90 degree drop.

Jungwons eyes widen, "Holy fuck. That one? You got a death wish?"

"Come one let's gooo." I pull on his arm and we get in line.

"Nervous?"

"Pft noOo." Jungwon stuttered.

I side eye him, "Sure."

"Next in line. How many people?"

"Two!" I said showing two fingers.

"Sit there." The dude said pointing at the two empty seats.

We put on the seat buckles. And wait for the announcements for the ride to start.

"Alright everyone ride is about to start. Make sure to not have any loose jewelry and have fun!" The ride starts to move and I giggle with excitement.

"Jungwon you alright there?"

Jungwon clears his throat, "Super good. Super super fine."

We reached the top of the ride and hung there for a few seconds when we dropped. I screamed and felt the ticklish feeling in my stomach from the drop. I start to laugh as I hear Jungwon start to scream next to me. The wind blows through my hair and my mouth starts to get dry. The ride ends quickly and my hair is a mess.

I look over at Jungwon and see his hair is stuck in a weird position. I start to laugh uncontrollably. He scowls, "Remind me to never go to an amusement park with you ever again."

We get off the ride and Jungwon stops me from dragging him to another ride. "Sooyeon please let's go eat something."

I pout, "Okay."

We found a stand selling Korean corn dogs. We grab them and go sit at a bench. "Do you dip?"

"Yeah."

"Here." He puts the dip next to me.

"You don't want it?"

"You can have it."

"Thank you!" I said and dipped my corn dog in the sweet and sour sauce.

The rest of the day we went on the little rides and tried out different food. It was perfect. It felt perfect. He made me feel happy.

He took me to a grassy hill near the amusement park and we sat there waiting for the fireworks to set.

"What time does it go off?" "At 9."

The first noise from the fireworks startles the both of us. "Holy shit that was loud." I said, rubbing my ears.

I continued to look at the fireworks. They were all different. Some of them were small and some were big. It was all different colors. I watched as the fireworks continued to crack in the air.

"Sooyeon?"

I look over at Jungwon, "Yes?"

"I'm about to do something. Tell me if you don't like it."

"Wha-"

He closes the distance between us and we kiss. I close my eyes and put his hands on my cheeks, deepening the kiss. At this moment I didn't even care about the fireworks. All I cared about was this
moment.

This was the moment he wasn't just my hallway crush. Maybe just maybe he could be more.