5

Rei and I get back to our apartment. We both go in our separate rooms and I lay on my bed wondering who he was. I don't know his name or his year. I don't know a single detail about him. I decided to scroll on social media to find who he was.

I try remembering what his friends' faces look like. I couldn't seem to remember how they looked like. After an hour of scrolling I find nothing. It was like he was a ghost. I sigh with defeat and decide to walk to the convenience store right next to our apartment complex.

"Rei I'm going to the convenience store. You want anything?" I scream.

She screams back, "Can you get me banana milk?"

I grab my wallet and put on my blue crocs and walk out the door.

At the convenience store at the bottom of the shelf I spot my favorite candy. I squat down looking at the different flavors when I see the same blue pair of crocs at the side of my eye. I look up and see the boy wearing his hood and looking down at me. My heart starts to beat fast and my breath gets short.

"Sorry uh can you grab the blue raspberry flavor for me?" he says scratching the nape of his neck.

I give him the candy.

"Thanks." He says with a smile and walks away.
I stare back at the candy with disbelief and take a deep breath. What are the chances of me bumping into him again? I decided to grab the blue raspberry flavor also and go to the drink aisle. There he was again standing in front of the banana milk.

I walk closer to him and stand next to him. Waiting for him to finish getting what he wanted and move.

He glances over at me.

"Hi again." He says chuckling.

I smile, "Hi."

I look back in front of me and my cheeks start to turn pink. Soon he picks his drink and I go to grab the banana milk. I stand behind him waiting for him to finish paying for his things. He was tall. A lot taller than me and his shoulders were broad. So broad not even his hoodie could hide it. I mentally slap myself for thinking that way.

After he was done paying I went to pay for my things. Through the window I could see him sit down at one of the tables outside. Should I go sit in front of him? I quickly paid for the things and decided I will sit with him. I will be bold. My heart starts beating fast as I walk closer to him but someone walks past me and sits on the seat. It seemed like one of his friends. I stood there for a moment. How stupid was I for thinking I would have a chance to talk to him. I turn back around and walk back to the apartment with heavy footsteps.

That's right. He's simply just a hallway crush.