6

Fu'ad pov

It's the first time in my entire life I'm going to have a conversation with my father, it's not a usual conversation it's a type of conversation i will have to let him know I'm old enough to make my decision,
Marrying Raziqah is not something i want to do, I was in loved with her but not anymore, i open the office door and he look up from the laptop screen, it's past 10pm you can say i get my work addiction from him.

"Good evening abbbah."I greet and h nod removing the medicated glass from his eyes and drop it n the table.

"Magaji."he call the name i so much hate but have no choice than to answer him, I was name after my dad he want me to be his heir so he do call me magaji.
"You haven't gone home yet?"he ask and i nod sitting on the chair opposite his with a sigh, I'm nervous, I have never questioned my dad opinion in about my life but after this morning, I just cannot stop thinking about ummi, the little moment we spend together make me realises there are better things to worry about than work,
It makes me realises there are more to happiness than working all day.

"Uhmmmmm Abbbah."I call again as i look up at him, my dad hate it when you speak to him without eye contact he find it really upsetting and disrespectful.
"Well about our conversation this morning?"I say with a pause and he Furrow his brow.

"We had several conversations magaji ,have you email the documents to Dr Malik?"he ask and i nod clearing throat.

"Yes abbbah,
The conversation about the marriage proposal with Raziqah."I say and he nod in understanding.

"Alright, about that her dad hasn't call me yet and i have been busy to call him, what is it? You look worried."my dad say and i nod.

"Abbbah,
I can't marry her,
My marriage is barely a week,
Ummi is a nice girl."I say staring at him, I honestly cannot believe after all the speeches i arrange in my head this is what i can come up with.

"Why didn't you say it earlier?
Magaji I'm not going to force you to marry, you are old enough to make your own decision, I just thought maybe you two are Trying to sort your difference with Raziqah that's why i agreed with her dad about reconsidering the wedding,
If you don't want to marry Raziqah then it's fine by me,
Your happiness is all that matters,
Polygamy Isn't something i like either, I just thought you wanted it actually.
"He say and i release a heavy breathe i don't know i was holding

"Okay,
Thank you abbbah."I say with a smile and he shake his head.

"You haven bring your wife for me tho, heard you two came this morning but you left."my dad say and i nod.

"We will come have dinner with you tomorrow."I say and he nod.

"Okay,
I'm about leaving anyway, your persistent mother won't stop calling me."he say standing up and in nod with a smile.

"I will just round up some things and also leave."I say helping him with some of his papers and laptop bag.

We continue talking as i escort him out of the building to his car, i wait until the two cars leave the office premises before i head back inside happy and excited to share the wonderful news with ummi.

***********#**

Ummi's pov

Staring at the wall clock in the parlour i sigh, it's past 1am and fu'ad isn't back, I try calling him but his phone was switch off, after his mum left in the evening i just spend the rest of the evening in the kitchen cooking dinner for him, he promised to be home for dinner but as always he got caught up in work,
I seriously doesn't care about him marrying Raziqah, all this rival issue has never been something that bothers me, I sigh and push all that thought aside and grab my phone.

"No,
I told you to send those goods 2days ago, if you keep mixing this up you will be fired I hate people that aren't smart." Fu'ad voice say Making me to look at the door and he have his phone press to his ear and his office bag and other papers in his arm.

I stand up and his attention snap to me, I walk to the door and help him with the bag and papers as he push the door close.

"I don't care,
If those goods didn't reach the rightful place by tomorrow you are going to be fired.
Look i don't have the for this I'm tired and just do the right thing before Tomorrow."fu'ad say and end the call with a sigh.

"Welcome."I say with a smile and he shake his head.

"Ummi I'm sorry i didn't make it to din.......

"It's fine,
You are here now that's all that matters, your mum came earlier."I say and he nod as we both head upstairs.

"Ohhh,
About that."he say as we reach his bedroom door making us both to stop.

"I spoke with my dad and I'm not getting married."fu'ad break the news Making a smile creep on my face as he open the bedroom door.

"That's good news."I say deliberating wether or not to enter the bedroom.

"Come in."he say confuse and i chuckle before entering the large bedroom suprised by how neat the bedroom look.

"Nice bedroom."I compliment and he nod.

"It's also your bedroom tho."he say as i drop the bag and papers on the bed.

He sit tiredly on the bed and begin telling me about the previous conversation with his dad and how everything is just a mere mixed up of misunderstanding, I help him remove the shoes and instantly leave the bedroom when he start removing his clothes to shower which makes him chuckle .

*****************

The next morning ummi wakes up with an intense period pain, it has always been like that since she's grown up, her period comes with an unusual pain and sometimes even migraines and flu, her dad always told her she got that from her mum which she find rather odd since her mum keeps denying.

As she lay quietly on the cold tiles and support her abdomen with some pillows she glance at the wall clock now showing 7am fu'ad will soon leave for work, he told her he have a very important meeting this morning, she just hope this will calm a little bit so she can make breakfast for him, she try standing up but the pain is just so unbearable so she lay back down, she's already took her medications but they seems pointless and useless all the time.

"Ummi."fu'ad knock on the door, He's heading to the office do he's suprise ummi isn't up, she's usually a morning person just like him.

"Mimi."he knock again and decide to push the door open.

"Subhanallah,
What happened?"he ask dropping his phone on the bed and kneel next to her.

"It's just period pain,
I will be fine ."she say with a forceful smile but fu'ad shake his head as he feel her temperature by placing his hand on her forehead.

"You are burning."he say and grab his phone fr the bed quickly scrolling through it as ummi stare at h admiringly, fu'ad is sure a dream come true, She's living her fantasy.

"Yes doctor, can you please come home immediately,
My wife is sick."fu'ad say glancing at ummi who painfully close her eyes making him to avert his gaze from her.

"He will be here soon,
Is there anything i can do to help?"fu'ad ask as he glance at the wall clock.

"Just go to work,
You are going to be late."ummi say and fu'ad sigh, he really want to stay but he need to be in the office.

"I promise i will be back immediately after the meeting, firdaus will come and stay with you,
Take care."he say and lean down slightly kissing her on the forehead making her to smile.

"I will be fine."ummi say reassuringly as fu'ad look at her worriedly.

"The chef will come in to make something for you, bye."fu'ad say and quickly exit the bedroom answering his ringing phone.

Ummi wish fu'ad stay with her instead of going to work but she knows how important his work is to him, some tomes she wonder if things will change gradually and he will be less obsessed with work.

Well I promise there won't be any rivalry thing but are you all ready for the pain😁, no be only kishiya Sabi cause pain Sha so,

Enjoy this eternal love with a lot of twist, pain, sacrifices and abundant love.