20

Fu'ad left almost immediately after they got back from the hospital, ummi doesn't care because she want some alone tim,
  jalal texted her that he's going to see a friend, she ended up sleeping the day off and is awaken by the ringing of her phone, she grab it from under the pillow and place it to her ear without a care.

"Mims should i still buy you the suya?"jalal voice say Making her eyes to open.

"Yes please and that ice cream you bought the previous day,
If you can get unzu for me."she say sitting upright with a sigh.

"It's late now,
Tomorrow i will get the unzu thing for you,
Bye."he say and end the call, she sigh and glance at the wall clock that shows 6:54pm making her to facepalm.

She decide to pray and start the evening.

Fu'ad pov

Working late is something i really enjoy doing but today i need to get home early, Raziqah and i are meeting up for dinner so i have to go home and get ready, my mind randomly wander to ummi and i shake my head as if that will get rid of the thought.

"Goodnight sir."the driver say and i exit the car, I quickly grab the door handle and open it and the noise coming from the kitchen is what gain my attention, I walk to the kitchen and stand by the transparent glass door.

" Ya yi dadi?"jalal ask looking at my wife as she take a spoonful of whatever it is in there front.

"Uhmmm,
It's good,
did you got me the unzu?"my wife ask and i push the sliding door open gaining there attention.

"Welcome back."my wife say as jalal hand her a black nylon she open it and remove this whitish like stuff and quickly impatiently put it in her mouth.

"What is that?"I ask and she shrug looking at me.

"Unzu,
You want to taste?"she ask,
i remove one from the nylon and put it on my mouth, the salty taste gradually melting in my mouth into a clay make me quickly remove it.

"Is this baked clay?
Why are you eating this?
You want to harm the babies or what?
How's this the healthy diet the doctor asked you to follow?"I say upset and snatch the nylon from her.

"Fu'ad,
I have been taking this since my first trimester nothing happen,
Please give it to me."she say reaching out to collect it and I swat her hand away.

"You bought her this?
Jalal you are my brother but that doesn't give you any right to meddle in my family business, stay away from my wife henceforth."I say and jalal give me a confuse look.

"Fu'ad,
I just help ummi out nothing more,
You weren't always around,
I keep her company and make sure she's ok."jalal say and i look at him.

"Keep her company as what?
Is she your wife,
Toh the shenanigans is over,
I'm back and i will take responsibility of my wife, your service is no longer needed."I say and he chuckle.

"Good,
That's what i want,
For you to take responsibility,
Ummi i will go to my room."he say and shake his head before exiting the kitchen.

I turn my gaze back to my wife who quietly come down from the stool, it's now that i notice she's wearing a polka dotted pyjamas, now i can see how big her bump looks, she grab the frying pan from the kitchen island and i quickly collect it making her to give me a tiring look.

"Fu'ad please,
I don't want to talk much this night,
I just want to make dinner."she say tiredly and i sigh.

"Don't worry what is it you want to eat?"I ask and she give me a suprise look shaking her head.

She grab the frying pan from my hand and walk to the stove making me to sigh.

"Okay ummi,
I know i have been an idiot but I'm still your husband,
Let me just take care of you now,
I don't like your relationship with jalal, I understand I'm not always around but it upset me how you two are close."I say and she stare at me for a while before turning on the stove.

"Peel the plantain that's on the island for me."she say and i look at the 8 plantains laying on the kitchen island and sigh.

I shrug off my jacket and kick off my shoes and throw them on one of the stool in the kitchen, I fold my shirt sleeves and grab the knife with a sigh.

*********************

Ummi find it rather odd to see fu'ad been nice once again, for some reason she want to believe her old fu'ad is once again back.

"How do you urinate every minute,
You should just put on a diaper or something."fu'ad say following ummi to the bathroom door and she shake her head with a chuckle.

"I think i urinated atleast 50 times a day, excuse me."she say wanting to shut the bathroom door but fu'ad give her confuse look.

"What?
You don't want to make use of the bathroom in my presence?
I'm your husband, I saw you naked already what's there to hide?"he say and ummi shake her head.

"You can't even remember,
so it's fair, excuse me."ummi say and push fu'ad away from the door before slamming the door shut.

Fu'ad chuckle and head back inside the bedroom, maybe it's not bad spending time with ummi, he walk inside the walk in closet and begin looking around, there are alot of clothes mostly black abaya, he open one of the many drawers and remove some paper's from it, he flip through it and some paper's fly across the closet making him to sigh, he drop the  papers and pick the few papers tarred around and turn it suprise to see some sketch.

"Fu'ad."ummi call opening the bathroom door as fu'ad grab the remaining papers, looking through the sketch with a smile, ummi is indeed creative and talented.

"Fu'ad, what are you doing?"ummi ask adjusting her pyjamas trouser walking to where fu'ad  is standing with an upsetting look on his face.

"Is this jalal!"fu'ad ask looking carefully at the sketch, there are about 6difference sketches, he look up at ummi and throw the papers.

"Are you cheating on me with my cousin?"fu'ad ask and ummi open her mouth several time but couldn't speak, she doesn't know how to start explaining to fu'ad that the sketch has been with her since before she got married.

"I knew it,
Is this pregnancy even mine?
You...... fu'ad storm out of the closet and ummi quickly trail behind him calling his name.

"Fu'ad,
It's not what you think,
Please let me explain."ummi say following him as they both exit the bedroom.

"Then what is it?
First everyone blamed me for not remembering whatever we shared and now you have a bunch of sketch of my cousin?
You are pregnant and you expect me to trust you,
Leave my house this minute."fu'ad say and begin walking down the stairs but ummi quickly follow him grabbing him by the arm.

"Fu'ad please let me explain myself.
This sketch has been with me for years, even before you marry me an..........

"Ohhh,
So you two have been together even before i married you,
How stupid was i,
Just leave me."fu'ad say and aggressively remove ummi's hand from his.

"Fu'ad."ummi call with a sniff flicking her tears.
"Fu'ad can't you atleast believe me even this once."ummi say but fu'ad give her a distaste look before sauntering down the stairs and exit the parlour making ummi to breakdown.