10

2weeks later

Staring at her reflection in the mirror ummi sigh, it's her first day at work, she's been standing in the closet and wanting to look her own best but everything she wear seems not ok to her,
"Ummi are you not done?
I'm going to be late for my meeting."fu'ad say opening the bedroom door, as he look confuse around the closet.

"I don't know what to wear."she say with a sigh and fu'ad sigh.

"Mims you look good in anything, just wear something you will be comfortable in."he say as his phone start ringing.

Ummi sigh and grab one of the black abaya as she glance back at fu'ad, even do they aren't very close she feel as do they are drifting apart even the more, ever since she visited her parents she has stop speaking to fu'ad about having to create time for themselves and he doesn't seems to care, rather he spend more time at work than usual.

"Mims,
I have to go jalal will drop you off or the driver, anyone of them that you pre......

"I can drive myself,
Good luck with the work."ummi say upset and fu'ad give her a confuse look.

"I......

"What do you want to say fu'ad,
It's my first day at work the least you can do is not to add pressure on me, can't you be there for once?
The only single thing that matters to you is work,
I'm your wife and i thought we want this to work for the both of us?
Just have a great day at work,
Is not that what i will say will change anything."ummi say with a low hiss and fu'ad sigh.

"Um...

"Is it because I'm fat, or i don't look as beautiful as your Ex?
Jalal this, jalal that, is he my husband?
Fu'ad, you spend every single day working, I'm not saying is wrong but what about me?
Is this how we are going to build a family?
Do you know how many times i couldn't sleep at night just waiting for you to be back home,
You are always not around and..........ummi pause and flick the tears in her eyes making him to sigh.

"Mims,
Please don't say that about yourself."fu'ad say and walk towards her, he grab her hand and embrace her with a frown.

"You are beautiful,
Do you know how many times my mind wander back to you whenever I'm at work?
I care about you,
I know I'm not always around but..... that's because we are having a slight issue in the company and if care is not taken we will go bankrupt,
I just need a few months to fix somethings."fu'ad say and ummi look up at him.

"Bankruptcy?
What happened?"ummi ask and fu'ad smile weakly at her.

"It's nothing serious,
I have handle it all,
But don't call yourself ugly please,
You are beautiful, I love your eyes, your chubby cheeks and you have the most adorable smile I've ever seen on a lady."fu'ad say smiling at her as he clean her face with the handkerchief.

"You are just saying it to flatter me,
I'm fat, i don't blame all the men for calling off the wedding."ummi grumble and fu'ad chuckle.

"That's because they are unlucky,
Now get dress i will wait so i can drop you off at school myself, I also promise i will pick you up, what time are you closing?"fu'ad ask as ummi wiggle out of embrace.

"2pm,
How do i look?"ummi ask as fu'ad scan the black abaya she's wearing and smile.

"Beautiful as always."he say and sit on the couch as ummi head to the closet to finish getting dress.

He sigh and glance at his wrist watch.
He know lieing isn't his thing but he doesn't have a single excuse to come up with that makes him work all day, the company is perfectly doing well he's just so obsessed with wanting to make more money.

"Done."ummi say and step out of the closet as fu'ad glance at her with a smile.

"Beautiful,
Come on let me have a picture that will remind me of my beautiful wife."he say and take some pictures of ummi before they leave.

For ummi there's no better way to start her first day than fu'ad dropping her at school, he assure her she look ok and she will do just fine but ummi been ummi just keeps saying she's nervous, despite late for his meeting fu'ad walk her to the VC office before driving out of the university in full speed to meet up to his meeting.

Ummi's pov

I'm not one of those people that love crowd, I'm extremely nervous right now fu'ad have to constantly reassure me that everything will be OK but now as i walk to my first lecture class i feel my heartbeat palpitating, the anxiety picking up and my phone start ringing making me to sigh and look at the phone screen, suprise to see my mother in-law name, I stand and swipe the screen before pressing it to my ear.

"Ummi,
Where are you?"she ask in a very calm voice as i look around the school premises and begin walking to one of the seat around the students sitting area.

"I'm at school mummy,
Good morning."I greet as i sit on one of the students seat by a tree.

"Ok,
I guess that explains why your phone wasn't going through,
We are at the estate hospital, fu'ad had an accident on his way to work,
A..........

"Accident!"I say and stand up grabbing my handbag all at once.
"I'm on my way, which of the hospital's?"I ask heading to the gate.

"Meridian,
I will send someone to.......

"It's fine mummy,
I have find a taxi."I say quickly ending the call and stop one of the yellow taxi leaving the school.

I quickly climb in and mutter the address to him as i fidget with my fingers praying to myself, this is all my fault, I should have let him leave earlier maybe he won't meet with such accident, the 35minutes drive seems longer than usual and once at the hospital i hand the taxi driver some money and quickly rush inside the hospital lucky enough i spot firdaus going inside the elevator and I sprint toward her quickly rushing inside making her to chuckle.

"Aunty ummi,
I thought is your first day ?"firdaus say and ummi give her a weird look at how unbother the teenage girl look.

"How's he ?"I ask and she shrug.

"He's fine,
It's nothing serious i honestly don't know why mum called you."firdaus say as the elevator stops at the 6th floor and we both exit.

"Ohhh thank God,
He just drop me off at school."I say and firdaus shrug as we head to a lounge then walk inside a very furnished hospital room.

"What are you saying mum,
How is that possible?"my husband say as we enter the room, I rush to his side and sit quickly grabbing his hand.

"How are you feeling?"I ask and he just give me a confuse look and look back at his mum.

"And who's she?"he ask and i give him a confuse look.

"Fu'ad stop been dramatic,
This is ummi, your wife ofcrse."my mother in-law say and fu'ad remove his hands from mine making me to stare confuse at him.

"My wife?
Mum i just got engaged with Raziqah last month, how can i be married?
To her."he say with a irritating snort and his mum glance at me.

"Magaji,
Raziqah called off your wedding two weeks to your wedding, it's over a year now, you got married to ummi 3months ago."his mum explain, he glance at me again and i nod with a smile making him to shake his head in disbelief.

"Married?
To this fat girl,
Mum i don't understand any of this please, I need to sleep none of this makes any sense to me."he say and give me this very weird irritating look that makes me want to breakdown but try my possible best to gulp down the tears and smile weakly at my mother in-law who nod at me.

I quietly leave the hospital room and firdaus follow me to the lounge with a worried look on her face.

"He's been acting weird since he wake up, the doctor did an MRI they said he probably have some memory issue or something, he thinks it's 2020 and that he's still with Raziqah, I thought he's just Messing around with mum."firdaus say and i just breakdown.

I sit on one of the couch as she gently sooth me on the shoulder, whispering all sort of consoling words as if that will make her brother ok or that will ease the pain that i feel burning in my chest.