22

Pacing impatiently in front of the hospital theatre room jalal scratch the  back of his head as he frustratedly facepalm, it's been more than two hours, the doctor had asked him to sign some papers earlier so they can do a c/section for her, he hate the fact that this is happening to ummi, he blamed himself for been so infantile and leaving the house despite knowing what his cousin is capable of, he had already called fu'ad mum and told her everything, from how he's been mistreating ummi down to the point where he found her on the cold tiles all her by herself, she let him know they will soon fly back to the country, the theatre door open and he quickly walk to the doctor.

"Is she alright?"jalal ask giving the doctor an impatient look.

"Yes,
She's ok and the babies are perfectly fine to, they will be transfer to the  NICs section so they can be properly taken care of since they are premature."the doctor explain and jalal release a satisfying sigh.

"What of ummi?"he ask again and the doctor sigh.

"She will be clean up and be taken he to her resting room soon, now if you will excuse me i have some other things to do,
If you need anything ask the nurses."the doctor say and jalal nod standing by the door as the familiar figure walk toward him.

"Ya jalal,
Is she ok?"Kareem ask and jalal nod.

"I come as soon as i can, I was in downtown mum just called me, ya fu'ad contact isn't even going."Kareem say as he dial his elder brother contact again but it didn't go through.

"He left her alone,
She would have die."jalal say shaking his head as  he spot a male carbon copy of ummi walking towards them with a lady who he presume to be her mum.

"Good evening,
where's my sister?"ummi's twin brother ask, it's almost like he's yelling and there mum grab him by the arm.

"Abbbah respect yourself,
How's she doing?"farhana ask calmly and Kareem greet her slightly bowing his head.

"She's fine a........he doesn't get to finish the hospital room open and ummi is wheel out, she's partially knocked out but can still see the blurry figures.

"Ummi."her twin brother say quickly touching her head,
Are you okay?"he ask and grabbing her hand, as he put his palms into hers gently brushing her forehead with the other hand.

Jalal just stare, he feel so sorry for ummi, he do know if her family had known what she's been going through in that house they wouldn't allow her to stay, he avert his gaze from the scene he's a very emotional person and is scared if he continues watching he might cry.

"Here are the babies."one of the nurse say gaining there attention as she hand the neatly wrapped baby to jalal and one to ummi's mum.

He look so tiny jalal thought as Kareem took some pictures and forward it to his mum, the nurse wheel ummi to her room and take the babies with them.

"Where's her husband?"Abbbah ask looking at Kareem, he knows something isn't right, anytime he visited his twin sister he could noticed how she drastically changed, he's really worried especially now that her husband isn't here.

"He's on........Kareem try explaining and his phone interrupt him, making him to quickly excuse himself to answer it.

"You are jalal?"abbbah say and jalal nod, ummi had told him alot about him whenever he called her.

Jalal nod staring at abbbah, he really look ummi, if he is a girl he would definitely look exactly like ummi.

"Ya fu'ad had an accident, he's at the Hospital downtown."Kareem say with a sigh and jalal nod, there's no way he's leaving here ummi is barely out of the theatre he need to stick around to make sure she's ok.

"You should go."abbbah say to jalal but he shake his head.

"Kareem you should go i will come soon,"jalal say and walk away from the place.

He doesn't want too much questions, he just want to be alone for a while, he hate that he's feeling this way toward ummi, there's just this vulnerability and emotions inside of him whenever he's around her, he doesn't want to call it infatuation because it's far way more than that neither did he want to call it love because she's married, to his closest cousin for that matter.

Ya Allah please." Jalal say with a facepalm and stand by the hospital room one of the nurse tell him ummi is inside, he deliberate on going in or not.

"Jalal."A voice call and he quickly turn.

"Yes ma'am."he say staring at farhana, ummi sure look like her mum partially.

"Are you okay,
You are fidgeting with the door."she say and he rub his palms together.

"I'm ok,
I will just go"he say quickly walking away even tripping on his step making farhana to shake her head before entering the hospital room.

****************************

Fu'ad pov

The first thing that come to my mind is my wife, my mind wander around with alot of unclear picture of some unexplained event making me to shut my eyes with a sigh.

"Ya."my brother voice call and I open my eyes.

"Are you okay?"he ask and i nod as my mind try to recall the previous event that lead me to this state, I left home after an argument with my wife which I don't know what, I was going somewhere when the car ran over the streetlight poll.

"Where's ummi?"I ask and my brother clear his throqt.

"In the hospital,
She gave birth to the babies."he say and i look up abruptly.

"Jalal found her on the floor passed out in the house."Kareem explain and sigh.

Great.
Bit by bit i start to remember every piece of it, what was i thinking?

"Where's she?"I ask quickly coming down from the bed and my brother weirdly look at me.

"You need to rest,"Kareem say and i shake my head,
I need to go to ummi,
This cannot be happening, I remember a few details of how calloused i have been to her.

"I need to go."I say and quickly exit the hospital room with my brother trailing behind me,
My head ache but that is least of my problem, I just want to see ummi,
I want to apologize for been an idiot  all this while.

*************************

"How are the babies?"ummi ask staring bat her mum who's sitting in front of her.

"They are fine."farhana say staring worriedly at her daughter.

"Ummi what happened?
What has been going on in your life that you refused sharing with anyone?"farhana ask and ummi shake her head.

How can she even break this news to her family, that her marriage have end with fu'ad, that he had once divorced her, that he has been calloused to her? It's too much information for a single day.

"Nothing ummah.
Where's fu'ad?"ummi ask she's still not sure how she ended up in the hospital.

"His brother left few hours ago,
He had an accident,
Jalal was the one that brought you to hospital."her mum explain and ummi stare at her mum for a while.

"Where's he?"ummi ask, jalal have a way of showing up at the right time when she needs him.

"I don't know he wanted to come in earlier but he left, he's weird."her mum say and ummi didn't comment as the door barge open and a very distorted looking fu'ad comes in.