<1.2> You go on red

America grabbed Stephen, pulling him back as oncoming cars honked that him.

"We go on red?" He asked.

"Rule number one of Multiversal travel, you don't know anything." She explained.

"Right..."

When the light turned red, Stephen looked around before stepping foot on the road, crossing to the other side.

"So, what's rule number two? America?" He whipped his head around in every direction, but America was nowhere to be found.

"America!"

A hand gently tapped him on his shoulder, "Rule number two, find food. Preferably pizza. Pizza balls!" She said happily, shoving a bowl of pizza balls in his face.

"How'd you pay for that?" He asked, catching up with her as she walked along the pavement.

"It was free. Food's free in most universes, actually. It's weird you guys have to pay for it."

"Hey! You didn't pay fot that." A man behind a stall yelled at America as she walked by.

"Crap." She cursed, looking at Stephen for help. "Maybe it's not free here."

"Pizza Poppa always gets paid." The man said angrily as she snickered.

"Alright Pizza Poppa, relax, she's just a kid...She was hungry" Stephen said, stepping in front of America.

"Relax yourself, there, Doctor Strange." He laughed. "Where'd you get this cape from anyway? Oh, that feels authentic."

"It's not a cape, it's a cloak, and I suggest you let go."

"You took this whole suit from thr Strange Museum, didn't you?"

"The Strange Museum?" Stephen asked as the man only mocked him back.

"You're a taker. Why don't you take some mustard, huh?" The man scoffed, picking up a bottle of yellow liquid, aiming it at Stephen.

Stephen held his hand up before he could fire it at him, turning it around and spraying his face instead, throwing it aside once he was done. With that done, he casted a spell on the salesman, making him unconsciouslly punch himself over and over again before walking away with America, proud of himself.

"Come on, it's not permanent." He said to the man.

"Like he'll stop in a few minutes?" America asked, laughing.

"About three weeks." He shurgged.

The two of them continued down the road, into a small town filled with flowers and plant awning on the buildings surrounding them.

"Those universes we went through, were we paint in one of them?"

"Yeah, you don't wanna get stuck in there. It's reall hard to eat."

"How many universes have you been to?" He asked.

"Uh... 72? 73, counting this one."

"That's... That's alot."

"Where are your parents?"

"I, I uh," America stuttered, looking down at the ground to avoid making eye contact with Stephen. "When I was younger, I accidentally opened a portal and, sent my moms to another universe...probably a deadly one... I killed them."

"Hey, hey, don't you ever think about that, okay? If your moms are exactly like their daughter, they survived. And I'm sure you'll meet them again someday." He sighed, pausing to look at her as she gave him a saddened smile.

"Not bad."

"Thanks." He smirked, continuing on the path ahead of him.

After hours of walking, they came across an old mansion, there was nothing peculiar about it, except for the fact that there was a Doctor Strange statue placed right in front of it, at the bottom of the statue wrote, 'Dr, Stephen Strange gave his life defeating Thanos. We express eternal gratitude to earth's mightiest hero.'

"Gave his life defeating Thanos?" America asked, equally confused as he was.

"Yeah. See? We're not all that bad."

"If Other You's dead, who's Master of the Sanctum?"

Suddenly, the mansion door that stood in front of them creaked open, revealing a tall black man in green robes standing on the porch, he watched as the two walked around the statue, taking a closer look of him.

"Oh, shit." Stephen cursed.

"You know him? America questioned, looking back and forth between the two men.

"Yeah, Mordo. He was actually the first guy who let me into Kamar-Taj-"

"Oh great!"

"And then he snapped and dedicated his life to trying to kill me."

"Oh, great."

Mordo started approaching them, his frown not leaving his face, "I always suspected this day would come." He said.

"You did?" Stephen replied, a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

"Yes. Because you, always suspected this day would come, my brother." He laughed, wrapping his arms around Stephen, startling him, taking him aback.

"All right." Stephen nervously chuckled, awkwardly patting his back as he hugged him tighter.

"Come in! And tell me everything about your universe." Mordo smiled, inviting them in.

"You go on red." Stephen sighed, looking at America who was still stunned.