<1.3> The Multiversal threat

"And you're quite formidable too, it seems... A Multiversal traveler." Mordo wow-ed at America. "Well, thank the stars you brough Doctor Strange to safety."

"Well, just 'cause we jumped ship doesn't mean we're safe." Stephen said, "Our Wanda has the ability to conjure demons and monsters to attack America in other universes."

"So she has the DarkHold?"

"Oh, you know of the Darkhold?"

"Oh, yes, we have a Darkhold in this universe too. I guard it here in this Sanctum, we would never risk a weapon the dangerous falling into the wrong hands."

"Damn right."

"But if your Darkhold is anything like ours," Mordo continued, "I'm afraid she can do far worse than just summon monster to come after you here."

"What do you mean?" America asked, taking another sip of her tea.

"There is a spell contained within those pages... corrosive to the soul... A desecration of reality itself. Dreamwalking. A dreamwalking sorcerer projects their own consciousness from their universe into another, possessing the body of an alternate self. They may puppeteer this unholy doppelgänger and pursue their enemies from afar. The posession is not a permanent link between realities. But in the fleeting time they Dreamwalk, they can do irreparable damage to the universe they invade. So it may not be a demon that you face, it may be, the Scarlet Witch."

"Why didn't she do that to begin with?" America asked him.

"Because that was her being reasonable." Stephen replied. "What do you know of The Book of Vishanti?" He asked Mordo.

"The Darkhold's antithesis? It can give a sorcerer whatever power they need to vanquish their enemy."

"I need your help to get me to it." Stephen said, standing up as his voice became distorted, his head started to spin around.

"I'm sorry, Stephen." Mordo said, getting up. "But I hope you, of all people, understand, that it is not Wanda Maximoff who threatens out reality...It's the two of you."

"What was in that tea?" America asked with slurred words as she became light headed, immediately passing out.

"You son of a bitch." Stephen cursed, falling backwards onto the floor. "The sands of Nisanti."

"I'm only acting as you would." Mordo said, before strolling out of the room, leaving them behind.

"She's coming..."