Chapter 7

Loki was almost asleep it had taken him hours to relax enough to start to feel tired when he felt a tingle run through him. He pushed it aside and rolled over. However the feeling wouldn't subside so he decided to get up and go sit in the living room and read. Everyone else was fast asleep and he found he came to enjoy the world when everyone was asleep. Heading out the door he closed his door softly and began walking down the hall when he heard a sob come from your room. He paused for a moment. The sobs continues, worry bubbled in Lokis chest as he approached your door. Knocking softly he didn't hear a reply. He went to turn away when he heard you gasp. He quickly entered your room without a second thought and found you on the floor curled up into a ball crying in your sleep. Quickly he made his way to you and picked you up in his arms. However the tears didn't stop. You were in a deep sleep and Loki was starting to become worried. He could almost smell the sedatives Bruce gave you. "Why the hell did Bruce give you something this strong?" He spoke softly as he sat down on your bed with you in his arms. He couldn't help it. You reminded him so much of the one he lost so long ago. You lifted your arms and wrapped them around Lokis neck. Even in your sleep he brought you some comfort from the torments in your mind. You felt yourself begin to finally wake but only slightly. Your eyes burned and were extremely heavy. You glanced up and saw beautiful green eyes. You mustered as much strength as you could and pulled yourself up and straddled him. Lokis eyes widened but then relaxed as you laid your head on his shoulder and sighed as you felt yourself begin to drift again. Loki didn't move for a good while as he heard your breathing relax and your body grow slightly heavy indicating you had indeed awaken briefly just to fall back to sleep on him. Why did you have to remind him so much of the one he lost? He brushed his fingers through your hair sighing to himself. Slowly he breathed in deep taking in the sweet aroma of you. You even smelled like her. How could that be? She died so long ago. Slowly he laid back onto your bed and allowed you to continue to lay on him. You needed the comfort and he was happy to help. 

.

Tony was sitting up in bed. He couldn't rest. He kept thinking about pepper and how her life was so easily taken. Its a guilt he held on to for the last couple of years. He wanted a suit of armor around the world. He allowed his obsession to get her killed. 

"Sir you seem to be experiencing an episode of insomnia again. Shall I have Bruce bring you something to help you sleep?" Jarvis spoke suddenly.

"That's okay. Im just stuck in my mind. Actually call Stephen Strange." Tony stood up and walked over to the window looking over the town.

"Right away sir" With that he picked up his phone to it already ringing Strange. Letting out a sigh he heard the phone answer. A sleepy voice on the other end answered

"Hello Tony why are you calling so late?" Strange asked half asleep

"I have someone I need you to meet. Can you come over to the tower in the morning?" 

"Yeah I can swing by. What is this about Tony? You sound stressed" Strange sounded slightly concerned. 

"Yeah its been one hell of a day. But I can explain more tomorrow. Her name is Y/N and she needs help with her abilities"

"What about Loki?"

"Id rather them Not spend much time together Strange. He's strangely friendly with her." Tony leaned his head against the glass as he spoke.

"Loki? Friendly? Are we talking about the same one?" Strange sat up in his bed and rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah and she's in a very vulnerable state. Hydra had her for the past ten years." Tonys voice softened.

"Geez. I can only imagine. Ill see her tomorrow then. But you need to rest. You sound horrible." With that Tonys eyes started to feel heavy.

"Damnit strange keep your..." Tony let out a long yawn "Damn magic to yourself" he walked over to his bed and sat down. letting out another yawn his eyes began to burn. Hearing strange chuckle 

"Next time. Ill see you in the morning Tony. Go to sleep." With that he hung up his phone and laid back down. Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.

.

.

.

Slowly you felt yourself start to wake up. Letting out a soft sigh you began opening your eyes and quickly realized you were laying on someone with their arms wrapped around you. However you didn't feel scared. You felt protected. That was different. Slowly you lifted your head and looked down at the person under you. Loki was asleep his features much softer then when he was awake. Slowly you move off of Loki and sit on the edge of the bed blushing violently. Feeling Loki turn over you glance back to see him looking at you.

"I.. uh.." Glancing down at the floor you feel your blush grow some more.

"I found you on the floor Y/N, You were crying in your sleep. I simply went to to bring you back to bed and you cuddled into me and fell back to sleep. I was just to tired to remove you so I fell asleep too." Loki calmly explained as he sat up. 

"Oh." Looking back towards Loki you smiled softly. "Well thank you for coming to check on me. Nightmares are always happening to me" 

"I understand love. I too sometimes have nightmares."

"You?" turning to Loki you looked slightly confused "But you seem like a happy person especially with your brother around."

"Yeah well my past isn't the best. However that's a story for a different time perhaps" standing up Loki straightened out his shirt and held his hand out "I do believe breakfast would be a good idea for you. You're so tiny." Your stomach grumbled at his words causing him to smirk "As I said."

"I am famished." Taking Lokis hand you stood up. He lead you to the door and opened it. This felt so natural to him he didn't want to fight it. You looked just like her and for the first time in years he actually slept without any nightmares himself. You two made your way to the kitchen just talking about random things. 

"Thank you for everything so far Loki. It means a lot to me." You smiled at him as you walked into the kitchen.

"Well well its nice to see a beautiful smile first thing in the morning." Tony chirped as you entered. He poured you a cup of coffee and handed it to you. "Thanks reindeer games for bringing her to breakfast" Tony fake smiled at Loki causing Loki to feel a slight spike of anger. You watched Lokis features grow instantly colder.

"Well someone had to make sure she was okay. Can't have her getting lost and getting hurt." Loki walked over to the couch and sat down. Grabbing his book from the table he threw himself into his book. You took the cup from Tony and sat down nervously next to Loki on the couch. He smirked slightly and lifted his eyes to Tony briefly.

"Y/n hun I have someone on their way over to talk to you. He's a powerful magic user and I think he can help you." he smiled towards you as he sat in the chair next to the couch.

"Oh okay." you stared down at your drink and took a small sip. You crinkled your nose at the bitter taste.

"Are you okay?" Tony put his hand on the couch as he leaned forward slightly.

"Yeah but Loki was telling me.." you closed your mouth quickly you didn't want to make anyone mad for speaking out.

"I told her I could teach her stark. I think she's wondering why you have some stranger coming here." Loki spoke up without even looking up from his book. You turned to look at him then quickly back to Tony.

"Strange is hardly a stranger. I think you two will get along. Loki can be.... Unpredictable." Tony sighed as he sat back and began drinking his coffee. "I want you safe and well trained."

"I trust him." I say under your breath as you take another sip. Your words gave Loki butterflies. He quickly pushed the feeling off. After a bit of silence The elevator dinged when the doors opened a tall man with dark hair that had two white strikes walked out. He was dressed rather weird. You turned to look at him which caused him pause for just a moment then continue to walk right up to you. You stood up slowly you could tell he held a lot of power. Loki watched you as did Tony. 

"well I see what the fuss is about. Hello my dear I am Stephen Strange and it is a pleasure to meet you." He took your hand and placed a kiss on your hand gently causing you to blush. "Shall we talk?" He guided you to the meeting room down the hall with Loki and Tony following close behind.