Chapter 33

After a while, Y/N stood and stretched, breaking the flow of the ongoing conversation. The room fell silent as all eyes turned to her.

"Excuse me, everyone," she said, her voice carrying a sense of urgency. Y/N gently placed her hand on Loki's shoulder and offered him a reassuring smile before turning to the rest of the group. "I just need a moment." With those words, she walked out of the room. Loki watched her leave, his expression filled with a mix of concern and understanding. Tony, ever the observant one, noticed her departure and decided to follow her.

"Hey, Y/N, wait up," Tony called out, catching up to her in the hallway. He lightly touched her shoulder to get her attention. She turned to face him, her eyes showing a hint of sadness.

"So, um... You and Loki?" Tony inquired, curiosity in his eyes.

Y/N took a deep breath, her mind filled with conflicting emotions. "Yes, Tony. I wish I could explain everything to you, but..."

Tony quickly interrupted, his voice full of understanding. "No, it's okay. I just want you to be happy, babe. If that's with him, then okay. But I'm still here for you, and I'll always have your back." He smiled warmly, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Really, Tony?" Y/N asked, searching his eyes for any signs of doubt.

"Of course," Tony replied earnestly. "I know I came on strong when you first arrived, and I was attracted to you. But as we got to know each other, I realized you're an amazing person. You truly are. However, I've been feeling lonely since I lost Pepper." Y/N sighed as Tony held her in a comforting embrace, and she reciprocated, wrapping her arms around him.

"I understand, Tony," she said softly. "And honestly, I thought I might be falling for you at first too. But then I began to see you more as a close friend, almost like family. We have so much fun in the lab and just hanging out." Tony chuckled, and they stepped back from each other.

"I just didn't want things to get weird," Tony admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. "If you're with Loki, I respect that. Though, I can't help but think you deserve even better. But I do see the way he looks at you." Tony let out a sigh, his hands in his pockets.

"I..." Y/N started to reply, but suddenly, the ground rumbled, and Jarvis's warning alarms went off around them. Y/N grabbed onto a nearby table for support as Tony rushed to his computer, his fingers dancing across the keyboard.

"What's happening?" she asked, her voice tinged with concern.

"He's here," Tony said, his expression shifting from curiosity to sheer dread. Y/N felt her powers surging, and within moments, Loki teleported to her side, his arrival marked by a swirl of green energy.

"Y/N, are you all right?" Loki asked, placing his hand on the small of her back. She looked at him, her eyes filled with a mixture of relief and fear.

"Thanos is here. We have to go," she said urgently, nodding at Tony, who activated his chest piece, summoning his Iron Man suit with a metallic clang. Y/N snapped her fingers, her clothes transforming into her superhero suit, the process still managing to impress Loki.

"Well, my love, ready to show them our power?" Loki asked with a smirk, taking her hand and pulling her close. She gazed at him, her eyes holding a hint of fear as she remembered the warnings from Frigga, Loki's mother.

"I... I'm ready," she replied, trying to muster her resolve. Loki leaned in, their lips meeting in a passionate kiss, their powers intertwining for a moment. They pulled away, their connection broken by the sudden appearance of someone clearing their throat.

Y/N and Loki turned to see Stephen standing in the doorway, his expression calm but alert. Y/N felt a jolt of surprise, while Loki maintained a composed demeanor.