Chapter 17

You and Stephen came to a sliding stop into the living room where Tony, Thor, Loki, and Steve were. "What's going on?" You gasped trying to catch your breath. 

"Were being called on a mission. You wouldn't be coming With us but fury said all hands on deck so.." Tony looked stressed as he spoke. You felt nervous but quickly caught sight of Loki and felt a sense of calm wash over you. "Y/n Listen to me this is going to be dangerous. I.. I mean we will protect you."

"Tony what's the mission?" taking a step towards Tony he quickly walked up to you and took your hands into his. You felt Lokis anger by it and Stephens annoyance. Tony just looked at you the worry in his eyes didn't make you feel good.

"We have to take down a big Hydra base. They've taken some stuff from Shield that could really cause trouble if it stays in their hands." You felt your heart quicken then felt a set of hands on your arms. You felt frozen. 

"Are you sure we can't handle this alone?" You heard Stephens voice from behind you and realized it was his hands on you to help steady you. You looked over at Loki and could see his anger and pain but he quickly became concerned when he locked eyes with you. He could feel your fear and could see how you visibly became pale.

"Fury said she doesn't have a choice.. I tried he doesn't care. He knows she's powerful." you looked away from Loki and closed your eyes letting out a deep sigh

"I'll be fine." you did your best to shake the fear you had but you couldn't help but feel nervous and scared. You had just got your freedom you weren't willing to lose it. Tony sighed and handed you the suit you guys have been working on for the past few weeks. You took it from his hands and held it close. You and Tony had become extremely close while making it and having it made helped center you and bring you some comfort. "Thank you. Ill go put this one really fast then we can go" You slowly turned away from everyone and walked out of the room. 

Once you reached your room you were near a panic attack. You could feel your heart racing and it becoming harder to breath. You just had a really bad feeling about this. You felt a strong tingling around your neck and noticed the necklace Loki gave you was glowing. You placed you hand over your pendant and nodded. Loki was attempted to let you know he was with you. You'd be safe with everyone. Right? You quickly calmed your nerves once more and pushed the panic to the side as you quickly put on your suit.  You heard a knock on the door as you slipped your final glove on. "I'll be out in just a second" You sounded confident. You took a quick look in the mirror and felt absolutely hot and powerful. Tony really knew how to make one hell of a suit.

 Tony really knew how to make one hell of a suit

As you went to walk out of the room your door opened and Loki walked in closing the door behind him. "Oh Loki I was just wa-" Quickly he held his hand up and closed the space between the two of you wrapping his arms around you. Eyes wide you returned the hug and smiled into his shirt