Chapter 22

1 Week Later

Loki was standing in the kitchen attempting to make your coffee the way you like it as Thor walked in going to the cabinet to grab a pack of poptarts.

"Damn machine work!" Loki smacked the coffee pot as Thor just leaned against the counter

"Brother that's not how you work that thing and Lady y/n will be quite upset if you break that." Thor nudged his brother to the side as he began pushing the buttons and getting it to start working "See? Like this. How is she doing?" 

"Better now. She's upset I'm not letting her do anything however, Tony and Strange have backed me up on it." grabbing your cup he began pouring your coffee and grabbing your creamer

"I'm glad their trusting you more brother" Thor patted Loki on the shoulder nearly causing him to drop the coffee. Loki sighed as he finished what he was doing and set the cup down for a moment and looked down at the counter. 

"Thor, I don't care if they trust me per se But I am glad they are being more understanding about Y/n. I just can't stay away" Turning to Thor he smirked his usual smirk "Besides if it wasn't for her I could easily over throw them"

"Loki!" Thor was taken back by the statement however he knew his brother desired power, But not as much as he desired you. 

"Now if you'll excuse me.." Loki picked your cup back up and began walking out of the room "She needs her coffee or we all may face her wrath." Loki chuckled as he left the room. 

As he walked down the hall to your room he noticed your door was cracked as he went to walk in he heard you talking to someone and stopped. Leaning ever so slightly he heard Stephens voice and you replying.

.

.

"Y/n Loki has been in here alot since you were released by Bruce."

"Yeah I know. I like his company. even if he doesn't let me do much right now" You chuckled slightly. Stephen leaned back onto your bed relaxing ever so.

"You know I can spend time with you too." Turning his head he gave you a breath taking smile. Rolling your eyes you laughed. 

"Yes I know that Stephen and I will definitely spend time with you once I'm 100% again But I want this time with Loki."

"I don't understand the bond between you two but I just miss us spending time together." He looked down at the sheet and sat back up.

"Loki means a lot to me Stephen. We just connect. You mean a lot to me too and so does Tony But Loki..." You let out a soft sigh "Loki makes me feel at home. He saved my life without a second thought to his own." 

"But so did Tony and I." Stephen sounded slightly hurt but didn't continue

"Yes but The hero will always save the world before the girl. I respect that I really do. But I can never be that way. I'd destroy the world to protect someone I love."

"Y/n That's not the case. I would too." 

"For some reason I do believe that."

"Then tell me what's so special about him that you crave his time?"

"Stephen stop. You three mean a lot to me. More than anyones ever meant to me. Loki is Loki that's that. He is Funny, Sneaky, Kind yet Rough, He is Loki God of Mischief."

"He.. " Sighing he stood up "you're right I'll stop. I lo- Respect your words and I am sorry if I've pushed too far today my dear." Lifting your hand he places a soft kiss causing chills to run up your spine and heat to run to your cheeks "However I am glad to see such a reaction" winking he headed towards to door and Loki took that as his cue to walk in nearly bumping into Stephen.

"Excuse me Strange My Love needs her coffee." Walking past Stephen he sat down on the bed heading you your coffee and watching you. Stephen saw how your eyes lit up when Loki handed you your cup. He chuckled to himself. "Why don't you join us Strange?" Loki seemed chipper as you looked up and smiled. Stephen shook his head and sighed 

"I will take a rain check on that. How ever Y/n, Loki, When things are back to normal again we need to talk about some things that agency found recently. It doesn't seem to be an immediate threat but Tony thinks we all need a run down"

"What thing Stephen?" Taking a sip you let out a soft moan as the warmth spread throughout your body of the coffee.

"Some being called Thanos. Just some things we've found out about stones he's looking for." Y/n and Stephen saw Loki Visibly go pale. "Loki you okay?"

"Yes quite alright." Clearing his throat he looked at Stephen. "I've heard of Thanos and I will speak to you and Tony Later about it. Nothing to worry about he's quite weak." 

He's the biggest threat to earth. Don't let her know about Thanos till she needs to know. Loki Said to Stephen Telepathically. Strange nodded and left. You looked at Loki confused. Quickly he placed his hand on your knee and sighed

"I told him not to stress you out over such a weak creature." Rolling his eyes which caused you to smirk.

"Lie"

"Are you accusing me of lying to you my love?" Loki quickly put his hand to his chest and presented a look of shock causing you to smile

"You mean am I accusing the god of lies of lying? Hm.." you leaned closer to Loki and whispered "Yes."

"I am wounded Y/n"

"I'm not that injured any more Loki I can handle being told stuff ya know. Like I know this Thanos guy being mentioned caused your heart to pick up speed for a moment." Lokis eyes widened. 

How on earth could she tell?

"Now talk to me. Please. or I will leave this room and push my limits." You started to stand up and groaned as your body did still ache But it wasn't unmanageable. You were basically healed but Loki insisted on you resting completely. Almost like he was afraid you would disappear. 

"Damnit y/n fine just come here." Loki reached for you and pulled you onto his lap causing you to blush. "For me to tell you you have to promise me something." You looked at Loki and nodded

"Anything"

"Never pull a stunt like what you did with Hydra again. Do Not ever risk yourself for me again."

"But.." 

"I mean it. You mean entirely too much to everyone for you to be so reckless With something so precious" He took your chin and brought your face close to his "I Couldn't bare to watch you die."

"Loki.." you whispered and felt drawn to kiss him but didn't "You won't watch me die."

"Promise me that y/n" Lokis eyes held a pain you couldn't understand. You placed your hand on his cheek 

"I promise Loki." He smiled softly at you. He knew you meant it but could you keep such a promise if he or any of the team was at risk? 

"Okay." Leaning back Loki closed his eyes and took your hands "What I'm about to show you mat bother you a bit. But..." sighing he opened his eyes and looked at you "This is how I know about Thanos. Once you see this you'll understand Why he causes me to react the way I do." Placing your finger on his wrist as he held your hands you quickly picked up on his heart beat and nodded. 

"I'm right here Loki." Closing your eyes Loki Lowered his minds guard and allowed you in.

Suddenly the world around you changed as you and Loki entered his memories. You suddenly realized why Loki was so nervous to show you this at first. This was going to be bad.