Chapter 8

You stepped into the the meeting room with Stephen, Tony and Loki. 

"Why are you following us?" Tony turned to Loki sounding slightly annoyed.

"I asked him to." You quickly said trying to avoid Loki getting in trouble. A lovely habit you formed when your old friend user to get into trouble with Hydra you quickly took the blame to prevent him from being hurt. Unfortunately it didn't help much. He went out for a mission one day and never came back. Tony looked at you surprised but quickly shrugged and patted your back. 

"Okay hun whatever helps you feel comfortable." He smiled at you causing you to blush slightly. Glancing behind you look at Loki who truly smiles at you and nods his head. Steven pulls out a chair for you and motions for you to sit down. You take a seat Loki sits on one side of you and Steven sits on the other side of you while Tony goes over to his computer and begins pulling up files from your blood work that apparently Bruce took last night. 

"So y/n Tony didn't give me much. He just explained He needed my help with your powers. What are they exactly?" He sits back and waves his hands manifesting tea and a few cups. Loki nodded and handed you a full cup than grabbed his own. You looked down at your drink and sighed. 

"Well I can form ice. I can freeze anything I touch if I want to... I can also stop time but that I can't control.. If I tried hard enough I can reverse it too.." You gulp and become extremely nervous. "I... I never let hydra know the extent of my powers.. I..." you start shaking. Steven takes your hand into his.

"Listen to me Y/n I am more then happy to help you. You see this?" He uses his other hand to hold up an amulet. "This is called The Eye of Agamotto. It can go back and forth in time. So we share that ability. Ice powers too? That's amazing. Don't be afraid of your power its a gift."

"A gift yes. But it can also feel like a curse. My powers contain astral projection, shape-shifting, Mind reading, molecular rearrangement, energy blasts, levitating, conjuration, cryokinesis, telekinesis and teleportation." Loki sits back and takes a sip of his tea. He looks surprised and takes another sip. "Its taken many many years to grow my power to that." sitting down his cup He winks at you causing a smile to spread. Steven smirks

"That is impressive Loki. It seems you and Y/n share Cryo abilities." Strange knew Loki could be dangerous but he could clearly see Loki had a soft spot for you. "Perhaps we both can work with you on your abilities?"

"absolutely Not" Tony turned to face everyone

"Tony we are well aware of Lokis past but you can clearly see he will be a good ally to Y/n. That's what matters. Not our personal feelings on the matter" Strange smiled towards you and moved his hand back to his cup. He could see Tony was protective however he wasn't too sure why. He glanced back to you then back to his cup. You were a beautiful woman who clearly had a lot of power. However he couldn't shake the feeling that the two of you would grow very close. You had an innocence about you despite everything you've been through. You clear your throat nervously.

"I like that idea Mr strange." You glanced back at Loki who smirked slightly then looked at Steven.

"Please call me Stephen. We will be working together daily and Id like you to be comfortable with me" He winked at you causing you to blush again and look down. Tony let out an annoyed sigh and walked over to you kneeling down in front of you.

"I just want you comfortable and safe. I know you've been through a lot." Looking over his shoulder to Strange "Fine if this is what she wants she gets it. however, Y/n" he looked back towards you "I have a few things to show you in the lab if that's okay?" You nodded and put your cup down 

"Of course Tony." He stood up and you followed looking at Loki and strange "Ill be back in a bit. Thank you both and Thank you again Loki for helping me" You smiled softly at Loki who closed his eyes and nodded

"Of course Ill be in my room" he stood and left the room. You felt Loki was mad at you which caused you to look sad. Tony rubbed your back and sighed

"Loki is Loki. Don't worry he isn't upset he just likes being away from everyone" You nodded and headed to the door. Tony walked out the door and waved behind him "She'll be back shortly Steven."

"Ill be here just relaxing till then" Stephen said as he leaned back in his seat. Tony and you walked to to the elevator. Tony pressed the button and leaned back against the wall. You stood there with your arms behind your back. A nervous look on your face. 

"Y/n loosen up please. You can trust me and the team. You really are in good hands." Tony smiled and nudged you with his shoulder. You smiled softly and moved your hands from behind your back.

"Im sorry Tony. Im just nervous. I keep thinking this is a dream and Im going to wake up." You rubbed your neck and shrugged "I'm scared I'll wake up and be back there" You looked down and sighed.

"Y/n I will never let that happen to you. I will do anything to keep you safe." Tony looked down as well. The elevator doors opened and You walked out with out much thought. Tony watched you carefully. Looking up you gasped there were screens everywhere and holograms you spun around taking in the lab and is beauty. Tony watched you as you were mesmerized. "This is my place I create and get away from reality. I create all sorts of things. Drones, suit upgrades, I even invented Jarvis." walking up to you he smiled looking around "Not to many people see my lab the way you are looking around." 

"Tony this is Amazing." Looking towards Tony You see he's truly at peace here. "You're a really smart man What made you decide to help people?"

"I use to create things that destroyed people. It made me richer than I already was. What changed me was I was kidnapped and saw first hand my weapons being used by the enemy. They attacked the troop I was with which caused me getting hurt and them to die. They kidnapped me to make them weapons.  A scientist  named Dr. Ho Yinsen saved me by giving me this." Tapping the light on his chest. "So me and Yinsen worked together to create my very first suit. He lost his life during the escape." Tonys expression saddened slightly but he shrugged and smiled towards you. You put your hand on his arm and smiled softly.

"Thanks for sharing that with me. I guess everyone here has a past"

"Yeah we do. I think Thors the only one who hasn't done anything really bad" Tony looked over his lab once more "Anyways come here I just started this but I wanted your option on it." Tony took your hand into his and he led you to the other side of the lab. Letting go of your hand he walked over to the computer and pulled up a hologram of a suit. "Now nothing is official but I wanted to be ahead of it."

"What is it?" You looked over the hologram of a suit with curiosity

"its yours." He beamed 

"Mine? What for?"

"Y/n i'd like you to stay here. However long you'd like. I want to offer you a home where you will be happy and always safe. Even if you don't want a suit and you don't ever want to be apart of the team I want you to be apart of the family we've formed here. I.." Tony was starting to feel nervous so he just shrugged. "I guess what Im saying is I want to be the one to offer this chance at a good life to you." You looked at the suit then at Tony feeling a tear slip from your eyes and down your cheek. Tonys eyes widened as he walked up to you quickly panic filling him "If you don't want to that's fine I am so sorry I don't want you to feel like you have to! I.. we can figure this ou-" He spoke so quickly. You smiled and ran into his arms cutting him off. Shock filled Tony where panic once was. He wrapped his arms around you his heart beating fast in his chest. You smelled heavenly to him. 

"I want to stay." You said as you hugged him. "Thank you." Your heart fluttered little bit as you felt his arms around you but you knew you were safe with him. You hardly knew him but you felt completely safe with him. You tightened your hug on him 

Thank you Tony. Thank you for saving me and thank you for giving me a chance at a new life. You thought to yourself as you hugged him

I swear to you Y/n I will not let history repeat itself. No matter what. Tony thought to himself as he held you in his arms.