4. <3

Nick's POV
We get home, and I notice Charlie asleep with his head against the window. I am just staring at him. He is gorgeous. I thought it had only been a second, but it turns out I've been staring for hours. Oops. I go to the other side of the car and scoop Charlie into my arms, cradling him like a baby. He's my baby. I make it up to our apartment and into the bedroom without waking him up. I set him down gently on the bed. I pull up our duvet so it's barely touching his shoulders. I head downstairs into the kitchen to make him a snack. I'm also starving. I didn't eat at the beach so that my lie saying Charlie and I just ate was backed up. I made some sandwiches. I gave him half of one and I took the other half. I went upstairs and sat down on the bed carefully. I wanted to watch him before waking him up. I love him. I can't wait to propose.

Charlie's POV
I wake up to find Nick sitting on the bed staring at me. I'm not sure how I made it to the bed without waking up. Usually when he carries me upstairs I wake up. It's not unusual for Nick to stare at me. I slowly open my eyes, as soon as Nick notices he curls up next to me and says, "Lunch is ready on the table my love."

"My love? That's a new one." I say while trying to cover up my rosy pink cheeks.

"Oh umm sorry I didn't even mean to say that," Nick replies.

"You can't be serious," Nick looks worried so I quickly follow that up by saying, "I know you did not just apologize for calling me my love?!?"

"Oh so you like that nickname?" Nick asks with a smug smirk on his face.

"OF COURSE I DO!! You are my love Nick Nelson."

We go downstairs and I see sandwiches. I didn't want to eat in front of everyone at the beach, but it's so easy with Nick. He does whatever he needs to do to help me. It takes me an hour, but I finally finish my half of sandwich.

"I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!" Nick shouts as I swallow the last piece. He runs up to me, picks me up, and spins me in a circle. We are laughing so hard.

"Hey I have to go out with an old friend from uni. I'll see you later?" Nick says as he's getting his bag.

"Yeah ok we can maybe watch a movie when you get back?" I ask already knowing his answer was yes.

"Of course we can my love," Nick says glancing at me. I give him a quick glare then say, "Goodbye my love," in a sarcastic tone.

Nick's POV
I didn't have a friend to meet up with....I'm going ring shopping. At a different place that doesn't have a homophobic employee. Charlie prefers gold jewelry, I know this. He also likes super simple jewelry. I have an idea of what I'm looking for, now I just have to find it. I enter the jewelry store and immediately see the one. I run over to it, I know it's perfect. It's gold with a sort of braided pattern engraved into it. He is going to love it. I buy it and head home.

 I buy it and head home

574 words