17. <3

Charlie's POV
Nick had a rugby reunion today, so I have been at the apartment all day by myself. I took this opportunity to set up a date night for us. We are getting married soon, so I decided we should have one last official date. I went out and bought candles, roses, and a red tablecloth. I put the table cloth on our kitchen table, and put the roses in a horizontal line across the middle of the table with the candles displayed on top of the roses. I started making dinner. I made all of Nicks favorites: steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans. It takes me awhile to cook, and as I am about done Nick texts me telling me he is on his way home. I turn all of the lights out, and let the glow of the candles radiate throughout the apartment. I put all of the food out on the table, and clean the kitchen. 10 minutes later I hear Nick outside of the apartment, so I walk to the door to greet him. The knob turns and I quickly put my hands over his eyes.

"Um Char? What's going on?"

"Just keep your eyes closed," I say.

"Charlie are you hiding someone?" Nick asks panicked.

"What?! No I have a surprise for you, do you really think I would cheat on you?"

"No I don't, this is just kind of strange." I bring him over to the table and sit him down.

"You can open your eyes," I tell him. He opens his eyes, and his jaw drops. He immediately blushes and I see a few tears fall on his cheek. "Nick? Are you okay?" I ask him. I wasn't sure why he was crying.

"Char I'm fine. I can't believe what you did...for me."

"I just wanted one last date before we are married. I love you so much, but you always do things for me I wanted to do this for you," I'm tearing up too now. "Before we both start crying uncontrollably maybe we should eat?" I say wiping my tears from my face with a napkin.

"Yeah maybe we should." Nick takes a steak, and some of the sides and puts it all on his plate. We laugh and talk the entire dinner. I didn't even realize, but I ate so much. Once we are finished with dinner, I clean everything up. I don't let Nick help with anything. I make him sit on the couch until I'm done. Once I finish I walk over to the couch, and hand Nick the remote. "Movie night, you pick. This is your night," I tell him. He of course chooses a Marvel movie, but I don't even mind. I am curled up on his chest, and he is playing with my hair. I'm not even really paying attention to the movie. When the movie ends I get up, and walk back over to the kitchen. I open the oven and take out the apple pie I made for him. His favorite dessert is his mom's apple pie, so I called Sarah and got the recipe. I take a slice on a plate over to him and he pulls me onto his lap. "Have I ever mentioned how much I love you," Nick says.

"Nope. Never." I say. I am obviously joking because he tells me everyday. "I used your moms recipe. It's probably not as good because she is a much better baker than me, but I tried," I tell him. He takes a bite and his eyes widen, "Charlie this tastes exactly the same as hers."

"Really?!" I ask in surprise.

"Yeah I can't taste a difference." I lean into him and we just lay together for awhile before heading to bed. We cuddle and he strokes me hair with one hand and my back with the other. I could never move. I could lay here for the rest of my life.

"Goodnight love," Nick says while turning off the bedside lamp.

"Goodnight my love," I reply. I curl into his arms making sure I am as close as possible and then close my eyes. I can't wait to spend forever with him.

703 words

I think next chapter I will start writing the wedding? If anyone has any other ideas they want me to include before the wedding leave them in the comments. I got this idea from @o_jnkns1809 on my last chapter so thank you!! Please vote the chapters!!