9. <3

Nick's POV
I wake up beside Charlie as usual, his head placed so gently on my chest it moves up and down as I breathe. I start twirling my fingers in his dark curls as he sleeps. I love his hair. So. Much. I carefully get up from the bed making sure to not wake Charlie. I go get in the shower, and as I am walking back into the bedroom with only a towel wrapped around my waist, I see Charlie spring up and walk towards me. He puts his hands on my hips, and slides them up and down.

"Good morning," he says looking up at me.

"Good morning handsome," I reply. Charlie blushes. He lets go of me, and flops on the bed. "Do we have any plans today?" Charlie asks. I was planning on taking him out to the arcade because that is where we had all of our best dates when we were younger, and then taking him to a picnic where I would then propose.

"Uh I had a couple ideas actually," I say waiting to see if that makes him smile or frown. He smiles, so I continue, "I was thinking we could visit the arcade again like we used to?"

"Oh Nick that's such a good idea!! You are so romantic I wish I had the same ability," Charlie says while jokingly rolling his eyes.

"Charlie you are way more romantic then you are giving yourself credit for," I say sitting beside him on the bed. "I also had a picnic planned after the arcade? If you are okay with that?" I ask. I want to make sure Charlie is as comfortable as possible on the day we get engaged.

"Actually? Nick I have butterflies," Charlie says. That comment made me blush. I still get butterflies with Charlie even though we have been together for 8 years, but I never thought he still got them.

"You still get butterflies?!" I ask out of shock.

"I know it's embarrassing don't make it worse," he says glaring at me. We both start laughing.

"Charlie if it's embarrassing then I am embarrassing too. I get them all the time. When you lay on me, when you wake up and smile at me, when you come out of the bathroom after a shower and your hair is all wet, when you have your head on my chest and your curls are all in my face, when we cuddle and I can smell you, when we are in public and we hold hands all the time, so Charlie don't be embarrassed about it because that makes me basically pathetic."

"Nick oh my god. You are such a simp, but I get butterflies in all of those situations and then some. Especially when you are driving and look over at me and place your hand on my thigh that one just sends me into full orbit."

"So is that a yes to our date?" I ask just confirming.

"Of course thats a yes," he says.

I get all of the food ready for the picnic, and we get into our car. I have the ring in my pocket, I am sooo ready to propose. As I'm driving I make sure to look over at Charlie and place my hand on his thigh. I give him a look each time so that he knows I am doing it to be cheesy now. We arrive at the arcade, and head inside. The last time we were here we weren't out to everyone. We were still in hiding. We are out now, so I can do everything I wanted to do last time. I grab Charlie's hand and gently swing our arms as we walk to our favorite, the basketball machine, I beat Charlie of course. He didn't stand a chance. After the arcade we drive to a nearby park. As we are getting closer I get more and more nervous.

Charlie's POV
We are going to a park for a picnic. I think I might propose. I love Nick and he loves me. I think this is a perfect day, but this was also Nicks day. He planned all of it. Maybe I should wait until a day where I plan our date. Maybe this would be a good time. I'm not sure. We get to the park and lay out our blanket. We sit down right next to each other, I am practically in Nick's lap, despite there being an entire blanket around us. We start eating, and I keep thinking about whether I should propose. I am also thinking about how I, a fragile broken mess, don't deserve Nick. I don't realize, but I am barely eating. I don't notice until Nick says something.

"Hey Char what's on your mind?" He asks.

"Just thinking about how much I love you," I reply. This was technically not a lie.

"I love you more, but are you sure there isn't more to it?" He asks. He knows.

"I'm just thinking. How do you love me, I am such a mess all of the time. I find myself unloveable. I can't even love myself, how can someone else?" I regret this as soon as I say it.

"Charles. I love you because you are you. You are so selfless, caring, thoughtful, honest, sweet, amazing, kind, lovely, gorgeous, romantic, funny, loving, generous, gentle, and just perfect person. You are so special to me. I was going to wait until after our picnic, but since I am already saying all this I mine as well."

932 words

Sorry I have been so inactive!! I did leave at a cliffhanger, but I already have part of the next chapter written so it should come pretty soon! Thank you for over 1k reads!! Please vote the chapters if you like them! Thank you!